Ultimate Mapping Resource Pack

Ultimate Mapping Resource Pack 2014-11-06

iiboharz

eternally tired
aa
Nov 5, 2014
Also I think the .fgd needs updating since they've introduced new entities since it was last updated.

Megascatterbomb

L1: Registered
Jul 9, 2014
700th person to thank this post.

You sir deserve a cookie

Vel0city

func_fish
aa
Dec 6, 2014
Now for the Cactus Canyon style payload version, both multi stage and single stage...

Oct 6, 2008
Now for the Cactus Canyon style payload version, both multi stage and single stage...

Don't think this one needs to be added in - there's already a single stage and multi-stage pl set up there - just modify it to your need

DrLambda

L69: Teeheehee, Member
aa
Feb 18, 2015
Hey, i found a problem. I'm using the vanilla gametype library, but there is something broken within the PLR prefab - red simply isn't able to block the cart if blu is pushing it. I'm currently trying to figure out why, but it doesn't even work if i simply compile the gametype library with a cordon.

*edit: Sorry, forgot to add: Single Stage PLR. But i'm getting really close to solving the problem, i'll give feedback once i'm sure it works.

Last edited:

DrLambda

L69: Teeheehee, Member
aa
Feb 18, 2015
So, i solved it. You have to pretty much set it up exactly like you would set up a multi-stage PLR, you can't really save some entities there.

So, all you need to do to get the prefab to work correctly is the follwoing:

1. Add a team_control_point_round, name it something like "plr_singlestage". Priority 1. Control points this round: "cp_blu cp_red".
2. After you did this, the "Team" settings of info_player_teamspawn wont work anymore. So you also have to change "Blue Spawn for round" to "plr_singlestage" for the blue spawns and "Red Spawn for round" for red.

You're done, now single stage PLR works as intended.
This problem really costed me countless hours, i am so happy that i solved it.

Vincent

&#128296 Grandmaster Lizard Wizard Jedi &#128296
aa
Sep 5, 2009
I tried asking the steam chat about this first but I wasn't given any help.

I'm trying to add an item_teamflag to arena mode that when capped respawns your team. Now I have everything setup aside from CTFs gamemode taking over completely. If I set it to CP hud it still ignores the arena logic. Is there any way I can fix this? Some sort of override perhaps?

EDIT: Going to try out tf_logic_hybrid_ctf_cp and just making it so capping does not win and merely outputs the game_forcerespawn and a team point. Then disabling the respawning. Only issue is there's no first blood crits, but I personally never cared for that anyway. Hmm, I don't think it'd have the win condition for murdering everyone either. Gah.

Last edited:

Idolon

they/them
aa
Feb 7, 2008
You can trigger the "murder everyone" condition manually by covering your map in a team filtered trigger_multiple and using the EndTouchAll output. I can't think of a way to trigger first blood crits, though.

Werewolf

Probably not a real Werewolf
aa
Apr 12, 2011
Can I submit a small request? A new filter entity to sort by TF2 class, something like filter_activator_tfteam does for TF2 teams.

I find trying to use filter_activator_class and setting the filter classname to any of the TF2 class names does not work.

tyler

aa
Sep 11, 2013
It's not possible to filter by class.

This pack doesn't add functionality to Hammer, Source, or TF2. It just makes existing options and entities more accessible.

EArkham

Necromancer
aa
Aug 14, 2009
Is it possible to add a particle browser to the info_particle_system entry in the fgd? Portal's SDK lets you browse for particles, I'm not clear if that's functionally available in 2013 or is Portal SDK specific.

tyler

aa
Sep 11, 2013
Werewolf [UK];331434 said:
In that case, would it be possible to create a new .fdg file, like this one - http://forums.tf2maps.net/downloads.php?do=file&id=5437
No, you're misunderstanding what a FGD does. Think of it like a dictionary or encyclopedia that defines a bunch of entities and their properties. Dictionaries don't create new words; they define existing ones. That's what the ABS pack does, essentially: gives us better definitions.

The FGD you linked does the same thing, but for a newer entity that ABS hasn't yet included, or maybe an entity from another Source game that happens to also work in TF2. So because there's no way for TF2 to send class information to servers or map entities without server mods, that functionality can't be added to a FGD, new or old.

Werewolf

Probably not a real Werewolf
aa
Apr 12, 2011
No, you're misunderstanding what a FGD does. Think of it like a dictionary or encyclopedia that defines a bunch of entities and their properties. Dictionaries don't create new words; they define existing ones. That's what the ABS pack does, essentially: gives us better definitions.

The FGD you linked does the same thing, but for a newer entity that ABS hasn't yet included, or maybe an entity from another Source game that happens to also work in TF2. So because there's no way for TF2 to send class information to servers or map entities without server mods, that functionality can't be added to a FGD, new or old.
Fair enough. Was just wondering if it were possible, thanks for the explanation though.

worMatty

Repacking Evangelist
aa
Jul 22, 2014
tf_point_weapon_mimic is apparently already in the default tf.fgd.

Freyja

aa
Jul 31, 2009
Is it possible to add a particle browser to the info_particle_system entry in the fgd? Portal's SDK lets you browse for particles, I'm not clear if that's functionally available in 2013 or is Portal SDK specific.

I've tried it. It can't be done without an update to tf2 hammer from valve.

DF1229

L1: Registered
Aug 2, 2015
I have a problem, everything works except for the gametype library, when I try to load it I get the error " Model models/editor/axis_helper.mdl not found and models/error.mdl couldn't be loaded ", and then Hammer crashes...

No idea what happend, all I did was install it, I got no further custom content so thats not a factor that could break it. I already uninstalled it and removed the files, then reinstalled it but that changed nothing, even though it was working perfectly yesterday...

Edit: It also spread to the model browser, I get the same error type of error when trying to open it...

Last edited: