Ultimate Mapping Resource Pack

Ultimate Mapping Resource Pack 2014-11-06

Mr.Quikfix

L1: Registered
Feb 17, 2015
Really? Well, I guess I'll reinstall it.
I wanted to learn how to use this in order to make a deathrun map. Problem is, I can't find any tutorials on making deathrun maps for tf2.
Any suggestions?

killohurtz

Distinction in Applied Carving
aa
Feb 22, 2014
Really? Well, I guess I'll reinstall it.
I wanted to learn how to use this in order to make a deathrun map. Problem is, I can't find any tutorials on making deathrun maps for tf2.
Any suggestions?

This site is primarily geared towards developing standard maps, so you'd be hard-pressed to find tutorials for deathrun here. I won't speak for everyone, though, since someone here might be able to help you out. But I would suggest starting out with a standard map so you can learn the basics of mapmaking and entity logic. Once you understand how the entities in official game modes work together, you can start experimenting, and you'll be well on your way to making that deathrun map :thumbup:

radarhead

Basically? Kind of a Huge Mess
aa
Mar 6, 2013
ABS made it so you were just adding amazing custom things into the "custom" folder using a launcher (as far as I know).
You're not hacking, you're not using external applications that track down stuff from the game or manipulate it. You're not changing anything massive, apart from the texture .vmt's, which is not considered hacking. (Though according to the post, might interfere with sv_pure settings???)
So as far as I'm concerned, and after using it for like more than a year, it's not causing any VAC problems.
This helps a lot, you should really install it! Hell, even Valve uses it!

Proof that Valve uses it?

A Boojum Snark

Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado
aa
Nov 2, 2007
Quikfix: Hundreds of people have been using the pack for many years. It has been downloaded nearly 30k times and nobody has been banned, since nothing it does is anything VAC would look for.

Proof that Valve uses it?
At the very least, the guy who made hightower used it. As you can see from the captions, that made my week when it was released and I noticed the entities were a little... familiar.

Kraken

Few more zeros and ones for the site to proccess
Dec 21, 2014
Quikfix: Hundreds of people have been using the pack for many years. It has been downloaded nearly 30k times and nobody has been banned, since nothing it does is anything VAC would look for.

At the very least, the guy who made hightower used it. As you can see from the captions, that made my week when it was released and I noticed the entities were a little... familiar.

Well that was obvious. Like over 50% of tf mappers use your resource pack. Because it's useful and helpful. What should make your week is that you have created something that has helped over half of the tf mappers.

killohurtz

Distinction in Applied Carving
aa
Feb 22, 2014
Well that was obvious. Like over 50% of tf mappers use your resource pack. Because it's useful and helpful. What should make your week is that you have created something that has helped over half of the tf mappers.

No need to act smart...it's a reasonable assumption that Valve would do their own entity work, so I think the average person would be thrilled to find that they use something that originated from the community.

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
Now I'm curious what the difference is between the approaches to I/O and why your decided to do it completely differently.

wareya

L420: High Member
Jun 17, 2012
"I'm talking about parsing. It took a whole night for me just to figure out, check, and remember how to get skin materials out of a model.

Wheras this project is making a really dumb vpk-looping-over file checker and watered-down vmt parser (I only have to check like three keys)."

Unfortunately I have ended up with too much stuff to work on so I won't be able to do this. Sorry for the letdown.

A Boojum Snark

aa
Nov 2, 2007
PLR was a long time ago, but if I remember correctly, besides being subjectively "cleaner" my method was also the solution to a very rare issue where one or both of the carts would get permanently stuck at the crossover.

Mr.Quikfix

L1: Registered
Feb 17, 2015

Whew! Thank goodness!

I asked the question because my account is like a baby; if anything bad were to happen to it, I would be devastated.

I downloaded this pack because I want to begin using Hammer, and since that this is safe, I shall begin practice...

SnickerPuffs

(*single chuckle*)
aa
Apr 10, 2014
Hey, the downloader doesn't work for me. Where can I find the files to manually install them?

A Boojum Snark

aa
Nov 2, 2007
Does it give any message/error? Why doesn't it work? I don't have the files uploaded in a non-installer format and I won't have time to do so until tomorrow evening.

SnickerPuffs

(*single chuckle*)
aa
Apr 10, 2014
Does it give any message/error? Why doesn't it work? I don't have the files uploaded in a non-installer format and I won't have time to do so until tomorrow evening.

It says, and I quote,

"Unable to locate TF2 Tools!"
"Please run Hammer from the Team Fotress 2\bin folder once."

Even if I do run it, it doesn't work.

Prolyfic

L5: Dapper Member
Dec 19, 2014
This "mod" is really helpfull for creating maps. But, I start to make a rd_ map and I found any tutorial to make a RD map. So if you can, start develloping a RD tutorials with the other one (5CP,PL,ect...) please.

Vel0city

func_fish
aa
Dec 6, 2014
Yeah, we kinda need RD into this pack.

Géza!

L4: Comfortable Member
May 12, 2008
Aw, the gametype library doesn't have 2-point single stage attack/defend (like cp_gorge). Where could I acquire an example of that entity setup?