The Summer 72hr TF2Jam Showcase!

Discussion in 'Contests' started by LeSwordfish, Jul 30, 2016.

1. Dribbleondo - Au Yeah

Dribbleondo - Au Yeah L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    @BenCo =) Last Week I learned how to group non-SFM cosmetics for the classes so that they'd move with the class.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Nuke

Nuke L4: Comfortable Member

Positive Ratings:
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. Ixy

Ixy L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    This has been me every day of both jams I've participated in. :D

Just wanted to say thanks to all the organizers for a great, inclusive event. If the goal here is to incentivize TF2 fans to make something . . . anything for the community, then it certainly worked for me. I always have ideas, but lack proper motivation (and the ability to just make the time) to execute them. So thanks for allowing me to exorcise a few ideas from my brain and put them in a place where they can be seen by others. Much appreciation for that.

// P.S. - I think it was mentioned somewhere that there won't be a showcase stream like the one for the Winter Jam, correct? Is that because of the metadata meltdown? Because I was thinking it would be a nice way to highlight some additional maps (and other non-map works) that weren't featured in the showcase post.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Duckdog

Duckdog L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Really had fun working with my man Ixy, thanks to everyone who organised this awesome event and well done to everyone who participated!

• Thanks Thanks x 2
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Ronald_D_D

Ronald_D_D L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Reward or no reward, the clock was my competition, no amount of reward will satisfy my desire to beat the clock. I let that clock get down to 0 and now it's looking at me and sobbing that it didn't make me rage. It wishes to go up by 1 second, 1 millisecond even, but no it's stuck at 0 and there is nothing it can do about it. I beat you clock.

Everything else was for fun.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  6. Vel0city

aa Vel0city gluten-free lapdances

Positive Ratings:
    And you created a meme in the end. Don't forget that.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. TechnoPrizm01

TechnoPrizm01 L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Wait... I made an artwork in Garry's Mod...
    Does that mean I failed to participate in the event?

8. ethosaur

ethosaur L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    Absolutely not, as long as the artwork produced was tf2 related its all good.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. feliser

feliser L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Why was my tf2 72hr post deleted but others weren't?

10. Vel0city

aa Vel0city gluten-free lapdances

Positive Ratings:
    You mean the download? Others have already re-uploaded it after a massive server crash. You can re-upload your own post, just change the version string.

11. Muddy

Server Staff Muddy Muddy

Positive Ratings:
    [​IMG]

I made a map and some music aaaaa what do

Anyway, well done everyone who took part. Even if your work wasn't showcased or you felt you didn't do as good a job as you could've, the important thing is that you made something and you enjoyed yourself. Refer to this image if you have doubts.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. iiboharz

aa iiboharz Meme Queen

Positive Ratings:
    Can I just say that waking up this morning to see how many people were upset as if they were somehow expecting some sort of special reward for participating (besides the Jam Medal, that is) is kinda disheartening.

The point of the event is to see how much stuff the community can create in just a weekend. Unfortunately though it feels as if a lot of people just participated in order to receive the medal or to get some sort of special recognition.

The Showcase in particular is here to bring light to some of the most spectacular entries to the event, as an example of what sort of incredible work can be done in less than seventy-two hours. It's not supposed to show off everything which was created (which would be insane given we've received over 500 entries.)

If you're upset cuz' you entered and didn't get featured in the showcase or whatever, you really need to re-think your motives for participating in an event such as this.

• Agree Agree x 18
  13. Axelefrost #TeamPyro

Axelefrost #TeamPyro L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    LeSwordFish can I ask you one question about the Jam?

I was just wondering that in a post written about some of the participants Jam and there about their names theirs work then those who have not been written in this position , they will not receive a medal or all taki they get them?

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 31, 2016
  14. feliser

Positive Ratings:
    No, my whole thread was deleted

15. Yrr

aa Yrr An Actual Deer

Positive Ratings:
    everyone who entered* gets a medal, those people just got showcased for being exceptional entries

*assuming the entry had some effort put in

16. Luc

Luc L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
  17. feliser

Positive Ratings:
    That's my download not my 72hr thread, but I forgot that was still there. If I try to go to my 72hr jam thread I made, it says it can't find it

18. killohurtz

aa killohurtz Distinction in Applied Carving

Positive Ratings:
    This goes out to everyone who posted in the Contests subforum:

That subforum is not the place to submit contest entries. It's reserved for contest discussion threads. So if you created a thread in there and also had a correctly submitted entry in the Downloads section, then the extra thread was removed. Those whose threads are still there have been contacted to correct their submissions.

tl;dr if you have a download tagged with 72hr then you did the submission right, don't worry about it

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  19. feliser

Positive Ratings:
    Oh, my bad. Thank you so much for clearing things up. :) cheers!

20. SignificantOtter

SignificantOtter L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Congrats to all the participants and those who made the showcase!

I'm glad the jam managed to motivate me to try something new, since I'd always wanted to learn how to make posters in SFM but never found the time to. Maybe by next year, I'll have the skills to give mapping a shot.

• Like Like x 7
    • Thanks Thanks x 1