The Summer 72hr TF2Jam Showcase!

Discussion in 'Contests' started by LeSwordfish, Jul 30, 2016.

1. Bakscratch

aa Bakscratch Finisher of Maps

Positive Ratings:
    I'm not worried about winning a silly medal, I've taken part in all the of 72hrs. But having an incentive to push your self more is better, saying that it selfish is wrong. Having a reward for pushing yourself is what pushes a lot of people.

I like the idea of expanding out to all type of content, but it just gets messy and confusing. Most of these maps wont be tested again or touched again, only a few will. I know you are trying to expand this 72hr thing but I think it needs to be drawn back. I have only seen about 10-20 of the maps, I have no idea about that rest. And there is no easy way to see what was submitted.

• Agree Agree x 4
  2. Hotel Detective

Hotel Detective L4: Comfortable Member

Positive Ratings:
    I only participated because I thought it was going to be fun, not competitive.
    I didn't know what I did could have been seen as bad, because I didn't try hard enough at something I was having fun with.

3. Turnip

aa Turnip The 80s Vegetable

Positive Ratings:
    http://tf2maps.net/threads/tf2-jam-subforum-for-those-fighting-about-jam-v-contest.29509/

Last time ill post it since it was ignored last time...
    Please use this to further discuss tis topic...

4. phi

aa phi The Fallen Crimson

Positive Ratings:
    I'll respectfully say that this was meant to be fun, and isn't intended as a contest anymore. There are a bunch of other contests coming in the near future that you can use the reward to push yourself to! Think about the last actual 72hr contest - most people only ever played 10 or 20 of the maps. The voting period was over 2 months long - cutting maps before the testing stage would have created the same "issues" that people think turning it back into a contest would solve. This isn't really something that can be "drawn back", it's an event for everyone.

We were intending to make a separate subforum for 72hr entries but the forum errors and server issues have been slowing us down.

• Thanks Thanks x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. NotSoHoriz

NotSoHoriz L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    I can agree with this. It was really fun and exciting making content for this Jam and everything. I was unfortunate that my submission didn't make it in the showcase but I know I can improve, and everyone else can improve from this. But good job everyone who created content for this Jam.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  6. ethosaur

ethosaur L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    Thanks for the Jam, the medals and putting up with all the problems that arised with it!

• Thanks Thanks x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. HMK-3

HMK-3 L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    The coffe machine its epic! we need more props like these.

And thanks to the staff and all the other people that made this possible, it was a lot of fun, and nice exercise.

• Thanks Thanks x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Zurby

Zurby L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    Thanks, this was my first Jam I participated in and I had a blast doing so. I didn't expect to get showcased, but thanks to joining the community I have met plenty of people that have given me very valuable feedback! :)

Also, good job to everyone, my favorite map from the Jam definitely was Valentine (by @Bakscratch ). :)

• Like Like x 2
  9. tf2dove

tf2dove L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Much appreciated for including my posters. I hope to do a map entry for the next jam or contest - but odds are a Super Summer Stream will probably happen prior so...

Maybe next year? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Like Like x 2
  10. Turnip

aa Turnip The 80s Vegetable

Positive Ratings:

11. Bunbun

aa Bunbun Gay sex slave

Positive Ratings:
    I'm really glad to that more people participated and more content was created, a BIG thanks to the staff and to everyone who contributed something to this years jam!

12. drp

aa drp

Positive Ratings:
    Find a blog to post your thoughts. This post doesn't really add anything of value to the thread.

• Agree Agree x 4
  13. Fr0Z3nR

aa Fr0Z3nR Creator of blackholes & memes. Destroyer of forums

Positive Ratings:
    Credit where credit is due: The original idea for this was @Crash 's. I just made a thread about it (After forgetting he came up with it)

• Like Like x 2
  14. Zed

aa Zed Certified Most Crunk™

Positive Ratings:
    Classic Fr0Z3n, trying to shift blame to Crash instead. /s

On a more serious note, congrats to all the participants whose stuff made it into the showcase!

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Dr. Hammer

Dr. Hammer L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    I'm just glad I was able to get off my lazy bum and actually contribute to one of these!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. The Siphon

The Siphon L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    I did not make it into the list, was not a big surprise.

17. MegapiemanPHD

aa MegapiemanPHD Doctorate in Deliciousness

Positive Ratings:
    Good Jam everyone. Whether you made it into the showcase or not, you should be proud of yourself for getting something finished in time and turning it in. Making stuff isn't easy and just sitting down to do it is half the battle. :D

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Rummy

Rummy L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    I hate to reply to you a page later but i feel like your taking this too much to heart, Don't fret too much about man. I mean we lose and win things. And honestly it's about the experience. We all did our best in the matter of 3 DAYS. Truth be told i haven't seen what map you've worked on. And i would love to check it out in the future if you keep pressing for feedback and converse with the community. Sometimes it's all sweet and no payback. Trust me, I've been there many times in the past 6 years and it really ruins your motivation. But you shouldn't let yourself not being on the showcase stop you from digging for the diamond.

TL;DR
    Don't stop. Please keep pressing on.

• Like Like x 3
  19. Vel0city

aa Vel0city func_fish

Positive Ratings:
    Aaah yes, the one TF2maps event that pushed me into making an actual, playable map about 1.5 years after joining the site, with about 40 hours left in the jam. I've seen things that could be improved for the next iteration, but the feedback for that has been left in the Google Docs feedback thingemajigger.

It was fun. Wanna do it again.

Oh and @LeSwordfish : "So much of the jam [...] a personal favourite of mind," I think that should be mine, not mind.

20. BenCo

BenCo L5: Dapper Member

Positive Ratings:
    Even if somome didn't got into the showcase don't worry because everyone won something. That thing is knowledge! :)

• Agree Agree x 2