Shoreleave

PL Shoreleave RC2

• This map is featured! Our best maps, all together in one place for your viewing pleasure.

G.bo

L4: Comfortable Member
Sep 24, 2017
sorry if it was unclear, but it was a joke. 50 is more than enough, i love the map even without all the little Easter eggs.

Don't worry, I knew it was a joke. ;)

YOYOYO

41 crashes and counting
aa
Jul 10, 2017
I know this is a bit late, but I found this little leak while walking around (turned view models off for you to see better):
pl_shoreleave_rc10002.jpg

Also, congtratz on featured.

RevolutionTeam

L4: Comfortable Member
May 19, 2019
Oh, man. This is such a cool map! The details are amazing! I also really like the idea of the cart crossing over itself on a bridge. If this gets included by Valve, this could easily become the most recognizable map in the game.

Boonie

L2: Junior Member
Sep 22, 2015
This is super late so hopefully someone sees this. I found out the problem for players crashing when using mat_phong 0.

It's all caused by a single model "models/props_frontline/sandwich_board.mdl", you are going to either have to fix the vmt, or you can disable vertex lighting on the model.

Crash

func_nerd
aa
Mar 1, 2010
This is super late so hopefully someone sees this. I found out the problem for players crashing when using mat_phong 0.

It's all caused by a single model "models/props_frontline/sandwich_board.mdl", you are going to either have to fix the vmt, or you can disable vertex lighting on the model.

So I thought I knew what the issue was and sat down probably a year ago to fix it, only to find out what I thought was doing it, wasn't. So I greatly appreciate figuring it out for me, as I haven't had the motivation to sit down and trial and error my way around to figure out what the problem actually was!

Boonie

Sep 22, 2015
No problem!

Also since you are here, I went over the map and found a few exploits, both are to get out of the map.

-1468 -2560 1700
-2415 -613 1625

Last edited:

Boonie

Sep 22, 2015
I found another out of map today.
-929 -4607 800

And red has a few areas which they can build inside spawn.
69 -1554 720
-4421 205 571
-4573 768 424

Last edited:

Crash

func_nerd
aa
Mar 1, 2010
Crash updated Shoreleave with a new update entry:

RC2!

Changelog:
Dramatically improved optimization on the map
THEORETICALLY fixed the mat_phong 0 crashing bug, if anyone can confirm this for sure, that would be great! I'm fairly certain this is solved, though!
Reduced the compressed filesize by 40mb
Fixed or removed a number of buggy props
Fixed a number of minor and major clipping issues and exploits
Fixed a large number of minor visual bugs (thanks for all the feedback!)
Adjusted lighting to brighten up some dark areas

Read the rest of this update entry...

WhoWee!

L?: Creator of Ideas, Not Projects
Jan 12, 2018
Came back from the dead to optimize a 6 year old map, what a legend! Nice job getting the file size down by so much, must have been tedious. I'll have to run around it to see if I can find any exploits lol...

Crash

func_nerd
aa
Mar 1, 2010
Came back from the dead to optimize a 6 year old map, what a legend! Nice job getting the file size down by so much, must have been tedious. I'll have to run around it to see if I can find any exploits lol...
Honestly the biggest factor was using the updated Frontline pack that reduced all the props filesize. So most of that work was done for me before I even started working on it again!

Boonie

Sep 22, 2015
Very nice, the optimization pass is very welcome. Also nice job on fixing up all the exploits I reported!
And can confirm the mat_phong 0 crashes are fixed.

planeflyby.wav isnt packed (nor the soundscape), so its dumping errors to console.

This spot you can build a teleporter 1/2 in the trigger and when a person comes through they insta-die to the mine.
Otbw8.jpg

Last edited:

Jacov

L1: Registered
Feb 25, 2021
So I laucnhed the map aaaaaaaaand there is no sound. I redownloaded it, flied around, and I don't think there is a single working soundscape. Dunno if there is some problem on my side, or you forgor to enable them sounds in hammer.

I also found this nodraw thing:
1675122122444.png

Yrr

An Actual Deer
aa
Sep 20, 2015
Did you download it from here or the workshop? Workshop downloads always have broken soundscapes.

Jacov

Feb 25, 2021
Did you download it from here or the workshop? Workshop downloads always have broken soundscapes.
Tried both, no soundscapes.

I also tried:
1) Checking if I have soundscapes enabled or not — I do;
2) Veifying game files — everything is fine;
3) Deleting Frontline pack — didn't help.

Have you downloaded the map? Do you have sounds?

Jacov

Feb 25, 2021
Okay, so I asked my buddy to download the map and test it.
No, there is no soundscapes for him either :(