Proposal: A1s-Of-Popular-Maps Night

Osspial

L2: Junior Member
Jul 21, 2015
How about "Motivational Mapping Night," because we can see how shit some early alphas were and motivate people to improve?

Also, why not play both the final map and the original map so we can see how they compare?

Kube

Not the correct way to make lasagna
aa
Aug 31, 2014

puxorb

L69: Emoticon
aa
Dec 15, 2013
I remember some images of lakeside in its alpha stage. Unfortunately when steam changed its file host service, reverse-image-searching became impossible. There was a link to lakeside_a1 and it was really cool. If anyone can find it I think it would be nice to play on.

(Though I'm not sure much changed in terms of layout so its not a big deal.)

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
How about instead of playing alot of a1s why not do one or two rounds a version and watch the map progress to help us noobs.
Maybe have that be another kind of event, but I really like the A1 idea.
I remember we had an event where we played through every version of Petrol ever. Or at least the ones that any of us still had on hand. (I never throw out old maps, just archive them.)

Muddy

Muddy
aa
Sep 5, 2014
Sorry, unrelated to this post, but would you mind if we ran the first version of Corrode? It looks awesome and, damn, five years is a long time for a map to be in development for. Surely a lot has changed in that time...

Blade x64

Logical insanity
aa
Sep 3, 2009
Cool idea. Only tested these on 2f2f back in the day, which I still have the dem files of.

pl_pier_a1 Forgot to add pickups in this one. Change to a2 if you want them, as that's the only change between the two.
pl_volcanic_a0

Jan 20, 2010
Sorry, unrelated to this post, but would you mind if we ran the first version of Corrode? It looks awesome and, damn, five years is a long time for a map to be in development for. Surely a lot has changed in that time...

Oh, sure, of course. The first version is suitably awful so it should fit it right in. :p I'll have to see if I can find it, if not I definitely still have a vmf so I can recompile it.

Muddy

Muddy
aa
Sep 5, 2014
Cool idea. Only tested these on 2f2f back in the day, which I still have the dem files of.

pl_pier_a1 Forgot to add pickups in this one. Change to a2 if you want them, as that's the only change between the two.
pl_volcanic_a0
I'll put a2 in the list if you want. I get that these maps won't exactly be refined, but it's one thing for a map to be badly designed and another for it to just be downright frustrating.

Anyway, I did a once-over on plr_nightfall_a1 and that

Oh, sure, of course. The first version is suitably awful so it should fit it right in. :p I'll have to see if I can find it, if not I definitely still have a vmf so I can recompile it.
Thanks in advance!

Zed

Certified Most Crunk™
aa
Aug 7, 2014
"popular maps"

Crash

func_nerd
aa
Mar 1, 2010
Before it was called Glassworks, the very first massively overscaled A1 I made for a 72hr contest. I completely remade it from scratch afterwards.
2015-11-16_01-38-12.jpg

2015-11-16_01-38-51.jpg

2015-11-16_01-39-11.jpg

cp_crash_72_a1.

When you realize how completely unplayable it is and want the remade version that still sucks but is 200x better to play on, and is actually called Glassworks_a1, let me know.

Last edited: