Map is Crashing Players Randomly

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by Another Bad Pun, Sep 11, 2016.

1. Another Bad Pun

Server Staff Another Bad Pun bap

Positive Ratings:
    Something pretty bizzare is happening with Dog3. The map is crashing games but I'm not sure why. I have analyzed the demo many times and the victims seem to be completely random with no common action, location, or map event point to a specific problem.

Here is one error that seems to come up sometimes in console:

Ignoring unreasonable position (-1.#IND00,-1.#IND00,-1.#IND00) from vphysics! (entity class C_PhysPropClientside)
    Ignoring unreasonable position (-1.#IND00,-1.#IND00,-1.#IND00) from vphysics! (entity class C_PhysPropClientside)
    G

Could this be it? What causes this?

2. Ynders

aa Ynders absolutely gormful

Positive Ratings:
    The damage on your trigger_hurt(specifically the one under doge2) is too high, at 10777777777777777777. I've had outrageously high trigger_hurt damage before, and it causes player crashing when certain physics objects fall into it. It doesn't crash everyone because some people disable said physics objects.

Also, I'm not sure if it's in the compiled version, but there's a leak under the doge1 part of the map.

• Thanks Thanks x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Crowbar

aa Crowbar perfektoberfest

Positive Ratings:
    9999 is always enough, and keeps you in bounds of an integer. I'm not sure if an unsigned long is enough to contain the number Ynders said, not speaking of a signed int.

4. Muddy

Server Staff Muddy Muddy

Positive Ratings:
    Honestly there's no reason to go above 1000. Not only that, but the maximum amount of health you can have without cheats is only 450.

5. Nicky

aa Nicky Rotten Tops

Positive Ratings: