Contest idea thread!

Discussion in 'Contests' started by FaTony, Oct 8, 2008.

1. RevolutionTeam

RevolutionTeam L4: Comfortable Member

Positive Ratings:
    That block of text was a nice read. No, seriously. The whole read was amazing... however...

That's one reason why this contest wouldn't work - you have too much variance in maps. Either you have something like this...

Or you have something like this.

There's a whole load of variables in why a map was abandoned - it could have been layout issues (a massive one way choke that would require redesigning a whole lot) or technical issues (cart flips sideways on the lift - I actually have this problem send help) or just a perfectly fine map which the creator wasn't enjoying updating.

And it would be pretty hard to enforce these rules. B2B didn't have any version limits - as long as it played well, you were in it. It helped to be at A22 by the time B2B was concluding, but you didn't have to. And that's just map versions.

But let's assume that we were able to pull off this contest. I'm definitely joining it.

Also, I think Hightower is rotated on it's side for the cart thing? I wouldn't know for sure.

2. HolySnickerPuffs

aa HolySnickerPuffs

Positive Ratings:
    How about a Creativity Triathlon? One week to make a map, one week to make as many quality textures/props as possible, and one "free week" to make something else TF2-themed that isn't a texture, prop, or map. Each week would have three winners, and there would be three "Overall" winners at the end for those who did great across the board.

People can duck in-and-out of the competition if they don't feel skilled enough for one of the weeks, but only those who do all three weeks qualify for the "Overall" award.

It's basically a series of long, theme-specific Jams, which can be a pro or con depending on how you look at it.

• Like Like x 1
  3. FloofCollie

aa FloofCollie asshole

Positive Ratings:
    I love the idea of a stream of mini contests you can enter some of, without fretting that you've missed it if there's multiple! Sounds fun and relaxed :)