B4nny visits Valve, tweets about upcoming update

GroundCode_

L1: Registered
Jan 6, 2016
The patch notes I'm hoping for:
- decreased all scattergun damage. (I don't know about you but I hate scout, I'm bad at the class but it always gets kills way too easily)
- taught cancerous players how to properly play the game.
- updated the VAC system so now everyone gets a mandatory VACcination.
- updated hit boxes (like CS:GO) to better fit the player models.
- patched the quantum-crouch exploit. (it's fun to use, but it's got to go)
- patched the heavy's boxing gloves exploit. (Also very fun to use)
- added competitive mode, requires a competetive pass to play, but pass is never used up.
- added new maps to the competetive mode rotation that are geared towards competetive play.
- some optimization crap in this line
- added new maps: (list of maps)
- added arena mode
- finally finished rd_asteroid
- also finished pl_cactuscanyon
- updated Passtime so game mode encourages passing and gives advantages to other classes besides the scout.
- whatever else.

Almost forgot:
- sticky spamming now gives sticky bombs less damage. (Fix this annoying stuff as well)

Yrr

An Actual Deer
aa
Sep 20, 2015
- added competitive mode, requires a competetive pass to play, but pass is never used up.
- added new maps to the competetive mode rotation that are geared towards competetive play.
-Improved competitive!

- decreased all scattergun damage. (I don't know about you but I hate scout, I'm bad at the class but it always gets kills way too easily)- taught cancerous players how to properly play the game.
- sticky spamming now gives sticky bombs less damage. (Fix this annoying stuff as well)
-Broke competitive again.

Crowbar

Spiritual preprocessor
aa
Dec 19, 2015
Man, they can't just update the VAC so it works better, and the cancerous players can't be taught, and you well know it.
They would finish asteroid and cactuscanyon if they had reasons, but now if they need maps for players to play on, they can check this community, right this!
Hit-boxes would break the game, playing sniper is not that easy already.
Well, I believe some of glithes, bugs and exploits could actually be fixed if valve got to know about them and pay some attention.

Yrr

An Actual Deer
aa
Sep 20, 2015
Hit-boxes would break the game, playing sniper is not that easy already.
Actually a hitbox update would be pretty good if it were anything like CS's.

Crowbar

Spiritual preprocessor
aa
Dec 19, 2015
Look, in CS:GO, everything that deals damage except explosives and the fire, uses hitboxes for it
In TF2, all the projectiles use the rough cuboid, and changing the calculation of it wouldn't make the gameplay really different but the servers would suffer more (compare - calculating an intersection with a cuboid and with a semi-accurate human model).
The TF2 gameplay is too fast and dynamic to require this, imo it's just not needed.

Yrr

An Actual Deer
aa
Sep 20, 2015
Look, in CS:GO, everything that deals damage except explosives and the fire, uses hitboxes for it
In TF2, all the projectiles use the rough cuboid, and changing the calculation of it wouldn't make the gameplay really different but the servers would suffer more (compare - calculating an intersection with a cuboid and with a semi-accurate human model).
The TF2 gameplay is too fast and dynamic to require this, imo it's just not needed.
actually cylindrical hitboxes have become the standard because theyre cheaper AND more accurate
less hits-that-shouldnt-have-been-hits and misses-that-shouldnt-have-been-misses

Vel0city

func_fish
aa
Dec 6, 2014
If you're going to do anything about hitreg, for the love of whatever you believe in do something about melee hitreg. Right now it's utter trash.

This sums up the current situation.
6D2B18FDEF06982345734CDA0C7201CC53A77F53

A weapon with an extended melee range won't hit anything at said range while a weapon without an extended melee range does hit at said range. And it random crits you as well, because those things need to be in the game for some reason.

No, my ping isn't shit. I'm not dropping packets either. But it just refuses to do any damage even though the melee hitting sound (not the hitsound, the actual clunk sound of a sword hitting something) plays. You can be right up someone's bottom and it'll still miss.

Izotope

Sourcerer
aa
May 13, 2013
If you're going to do anything about hitreg, for the love of whatever you believe in do something about melee hitreg. Right now it's utter trash.

This sums up the current situation.
6D2B18FDEF06982345734CDA0C7201CC53A77F53

A weapon with an extended melee range won't hit anything at said range while a weapon without an extended melee range does hit at said range. And it random crits you as well, because those things need to be in the game for some reason.

No, my ping isn't shit. I'm not dropping packets either. But it just refuses to do any damage even though the melee hitting sound (not the hitsound, the actual clunk sound of a sword hitting something) plays. You can be right up someone's bottom and it'll still miss.

For me it's the other way around, picture this demoman twice the distance away from the soldier(in this case me) and I still get hit by the demo.

Vel0city

func_fish
aa
Dec 6, 2014
For me it's the other way around, picture this demoman twice the distance away from the soldier(in this case me) and I still get hit by the demo.
Yup, had that too. Getting hit from halfway across the room by a Sniper with a melee is not an uncommon occurrence.

Yrr

An Actual Deer
aa
Sep 20, 2015
It baffles me how the Market Gardener works when I can't hit someone I'm touching but they can hit me from a mile away and facing the opposite direction.

Muddy

Muddy
aa
Sep 5, 2014
- decreased all scattergun damage. (I don't know about you but I hate scout, I'm bad at the class but it always gets kills way too easily)
lol no

Only thing I'm holding out hope for in particular is an update for Mann vs Machine. There are so many issues with it that need fixing and we haven't had a new tour (or even a new map) in years.

In fact it surprises me how little attention Valve have paid to MvM given that it's (I imagine) one of their biggest sources of income within TF2.

Jul 6, 2015
lol no

Only thing I'm holding out hope for in particular is an update for Mann vs Machine. There are so many issues with it that need fixing and we haven't had a new tour (or even a new map) in years.

In fact it surprises me how little attention Valve have paid to MvM given that it's (I imagine) one of their biggest sources of income within TF2.
Updates occur in the most $ making order:
Keys
Case keys
Cosmetic Case Keys
Contract Passes
Community Market
35 more items later
MVM Tickets

Yet you wonder why MVM is untouched?
If someone bought 1 million mvm tickets, valve would put out an update the next day.

Jul 6, 2015
I've played with people who've completed over 800 Mann Up tours. :V
Well people do comp MVM, but thats a VERY tiny portion of TF2. Many players disregard MVM, or just go play community servers for free. I dont buy tickets because MVM is stale.
Contracts are the new hot thing, MVM is either going to fade into 'whats this? just some extra robot code we dont need", or will get a revamp soon. (not sooner then the space update)

Lain

lobotomy success story
aa
Jan 8, 2015
Updates occur in the most $ making order:
Keys
Case keys
Cosmetic Case Keys
Contract Passes
Community Market
35 more items later
MVM Tickets

Yet you wonder why MVM is untouched?
If someone bought 1 million mvm tickets, valve would put out an update the next day.
[Citation Needed]

- updated the VAC system so now everyone gets a mandatory VACcination.

It's actually hilarious that you think that it's that simple.

This is a stupid nerf, the problem with Scout is his consistency, he can get into fights and just outlast other classes. Soldiers are usually using Gunboats so they only have 4 very easily missed rockets (against a good scout) and he just straight up demolishes Pyro because he simply does more close range damage while also having great mid range damage output (40-60 damage at medium range isn't fun to play against for such a fast and mobile class).
Give him a small reload speed nerf and make his scattergun have more spread. This would help the overall problem of him being too easy and would make him less OP in 6v6