WiP in WiP, post your screenshots!

T

The Asylum

Asylum why can't you just make a normal map -_- I'm sure you'd be pro. (But that looks amazing :O)

I've got a billion ideas for a normal map, but none of them are working out too well. Heard of ctf_rumble before? No? Good. The less said about that the better. In the meantime, I'm just letting my mind wander into whatever strange places it takes me, trying to see just what magic tricks I can do with Hammer. (Have you made a fully functional bowling alley in Hammer? I have!) That and bizarre concepts that nobody else who cared about their e-cred would dare publish, just to say that not only was I the first (or only, as the case usually is), but that I made it work too.

Also, soylent, that was the Blood Hawk, not the Deep Claw. No internet points for you. :p

Hype

L1: Registered
Jul 18, 2011
Also, soylent, that was the Blood Hawk, not the Deep Claw. No internet points for you.

F-Zero = Best console racing game.

The first row of machines is easy, the second is obscure.

Bonus: I made a pl track loopty loop once, but the cart didn't like going upside down.

Deodorant

L6: Sharp Member
Oct 31, 2011
Hey guys, is this idea correct or fallacious?
Let's say one has a symmetrical map consisting of two rotated halves, where the border follows one of the horizontal axises. If there's a separate area in this map that's only accessible by doorways placed over this border, would it be ok to make that area symmetrical along the other horizontal axis instead? The sightlines through the doorways could be a problem, but if those are kept as small and disadvantageous as possible on both sides, it seems like it could be pretty much balanced.

vuOj.png

Last edited:

Mr. Happy

L6: Sharp Member
Jul 16, 2008
Workflow exercise, 2.5 hours from brush to layout completion, then pasted in the logic for floating platform I did before and made a few edits. Trying to do speedmapping, will post the video later.
It's a gimmick map! Balloonimap! But it might become something later. Mid is too big, would add building routes/blockers/places in a couple places. Running around it it might work better as CTF than koth. But for now it is balloonimap!

balloonimap_small.jpg

layoutbuilt.jpg

tyler

aa
Sep 11, 2013
this morning hammer was open on my computer and apparently i did this in my sleep????? is this a new phenomenon or has anyone else done this

going to clean it up when i get off work, it's kinda blocky

eJlY1.jpg

6ARWP.jpg

soylent robot

L420: High Member
May 26, 2009
this morning hammer was open on my computer and apparently i did this in my sleep????? is this a new phenomenon or has anyone else done this

this is like that fable with the sleepy shoemaker and the fairies who make his shoes while he is asleep. except with hammer
they are probably goblins or something

Penguin

Clinically Diagnosed with Small Mapper's Syndrome
aa
May 21, 2009
yyler, I am concerned about how eclectic the style of hella is.