WiP in WiP, post your screenshots!

puxorb

L69: Emoticon
aa
Dec 15, 2013
I shared it over Facepunch but I might as well share it here:

Since it's WIP thread, I actually want some advice like on tank's movements, also on the turret yaw speed (maybe it's too fast).

I love this. Is this going to be publicly available, and if so, would an "on-rails" version be possible? (The tank moves on its own and the player controls the turret.) It would be cool to find a power-up on the map that spawned you inside the tank for a limited amount of time, and if the tank was on-rails people wouldn't drive it immediately into the enemy spawn.

Twist.vmf

L420: High Member
Jul 29, 2016
I shared it over Facepunch but I might as well share it here:

Since it's WIP thread, I actually want some advice like on tank's movements, also on the turret yaw speed (maybe it's too fast).
i'm a bit of a tank nerd and i can say that that is WAY too fast for a gun that big. other than that it looks AWESOME

Twist.vmf

Jul 29, 2016
Screenshot (11).png

i. am. the trash man.

Twist.vmf

Jul 29, 2016
can someone link me to the vtf converter, i can't seam to find a legit one

Twist.vmf

Jul 29, 2016
Hit save. It's a bit convluted, but it saves as .VTFs. When it says "Export," it really means take a VTF and convert it to something like .PNG or .JPEG.
i do that, and it makes 2 files of the same name, but with the VTFedit logo, is this supposed to happen?

Cole Slaw

L2: Junior Member
Feb 26, 2015
i do that, and it makes 2 files of the same name, but with the VTFedit logo, is this supposed to happen?
Yes. There should be a .VTF and a .VMT file. one is the actual texture, the other is the code that the engine reads to tell the engine what to apply to the texture. it's kinda like materials, if you know what that means.