WiP in WiP, post your screenshots!

Tumby

aa
May 12, 2013
It is generally better to instert images as full images as then people dont have to zoom in to see them properly
However, it reduces the amount of space used up by the post, allows for a quick overview of how many pictures there are and what they probably show and it only takes one click to zoom in anyways.
-> i think inserting as thumbnail is actually better or at least as good.

Atlusia

Designer of a bygone era
aa
Dec 13, 2014
well i got some details into it and now i have to finish the rest of the map...
2015-10-22_00010.jpg
2015-10-22_00011.jpg
2015-10-22_00012.jpg
2015-10-22_00013.jpg
2015-10-22_00014.jpg

Yrr

An Actual Deer
aa
Sep 20, 2015
XsZr9oW.jpg

yBdb85j.jpg

vZjn5qG.jpg

testing detailing/aesthetic instead of working on the problem areas :T

Last edited:

Shogun

L6: Sharp Member
Jan 31, 2014
Did you base that off of a certain type of crane? I know it's just dev textures, but I have never seen a crane that shape. I'm pretty sure the way the jib is bent would make it impossible to lift anything. The Construction Pack has an amazing crane model as well, unless you need to make it out of brushes.

zahndah

professional letter
aa
Jul 4, 2015
I needed to make it out of brushes as far as i know as the wall it is holding lifts up, i could probably just make the wall / wires brushes now that you mention it however.

Edit: its just 1000+ hu too long, but ill most likely remake the crane based off that

Last edited:

Kube

Not the correct way to make lasagna
aa
Aug 31, 2014
Something I've threw together for the Contest (beside cp_blizzard):

2015_10_23_00008.jpg
2015_10_23_00009.jpg

2015_10_23_00010.jpg

yep, should it not be? (I didn't know of any other way to make the crane ; _ ; )

Insane dedication, dude.

(most would've made a custom prop model for something of that complexity. I thought it was a model until I took a close look at the purple metal texture!)

Exelaratore

L2: Junior Member
Mar 18, 2013
Insane dedication, dude.

(most would've made a custom prop model for something of that complexity. I thought it was a model until I took a close look at the purple metal texture!)

I have absolutely no idea how to make a custom prop model. XD Thanks!

RataDeOrdenador

L5: Dapper Member
Oct 12, 2015
I have absolutely no idea how to make a custom prop model. XD Thanks!

I think with Blender you can make a model from scratch. Like you said,I have no idea how to make custom models either,but I think that's what everyone uses for the content packs.

But you can use Propper (<--- that's a link,btw) to covert all those brushes into a single model. It should REALLY help you a lot.

I hope. xd

Exelaratore

Mar 18, 2013
I think with Blender you can make a model from scratch. Like you said,I have no idea how to make custom models either,but I think that's what everyone uses for the content packs.

But you can use Propper (<--- that's a link,btw) to covert all those brushes into a single model. It should REALLY help you a lot.

I hope. xd

Oh awesome! thanks, I'll check this out and give it a try.

Exelaratore

Mar 18, 2013
Like I said earlier in response to zahndah, the Construction Pack has a great crane model. Kudos for making that out of brushes though, it looks amazing (although it will probably wreck players' fps)
I had looked through the construction pack prior to making my crane, I needed a specific type of crane because the one featured in the pack was too large for my map. Thank you! I think I'm going to try to convert it to a custom prop so that might help fix some fps issues.

zahndah

professional letter
aa
Jul 4, 2015
I had looked through the construction pack prior to making my crane, I needed a specific type of crane because the one featured in the pack was too large for my map. Thank you! I think I'm going to try to convert it to a custom prop so that might help fix some fps issues.
Yeah, it seems that crane is just too big. I couldn't fit it in unless it was 1000+ hu outside the edge of my map.

Also, you win the crane competition.