Team Fortress 2 Update Released

tf2.com

L13: Stunning Member
Jun 16, 2010
An update to Team Fortress 2 has been released. The update will be applied automatically when you restart Team Fortress 2. The major changes include:
  • Fixed a case where crouching was used to see outside of the playable area. This could be exploited to place buildings at invalid locations.
  • Fixed regression that prevented valid building placements

Read on the TF2 Blog...

Yrr

An Actual Deer
aa
Sep 20, 2015
Darren and I both emailed Valve about suggestions to fix quantum crouch today and then it got fixed.

Coincidence???

(probably)

dryerlint

L5: Dapper Member
Mar 28, 2016
Wait, they completely fixed quantum crouch? How is that possible? I thought it was an engine bug.

If they actually fixed it, then wow, hats off to Valve (and whoever helped them with the bug)

Yrr

An Actual Deer
aa
Sep 20, 2015
It being ingrained in Source has always been a myth, it was made possible in a specific update (Darren emailed them which update it was) and there was a very definite workaround (which I emailed them)

No idea if how they fixed it was related to either email but it's nice to imagine we contributed.

seth

aa
May 31, 2013
It being ingrained in Source has always been a myth, it was made possible in a specific update (Darren emailed them which update it was) and there was a very definite workaround (which I emailed them)

No idea if how they fixed it was related to either email but it's nice to imagine we contributed.

What was the workaround?

Hyperion

L16: Grid Member
aa
Jun 8, 2015
Darren must have been bad at executing it since he wanted it to be fixed too /s

Anyway, good to see that we are getting frequent bugfix updates

Crowbar

Spiritual preprocessor
aa
Dec 19, 2015
Good to see if there are bad fixes, they get removed the other day *

Yrr

An Actual Deer
aa
Sep 20, 2015
What was the workaround?
literally just not being able to crouch during the uncrouch animation

you can't from a normal crouch but you can during an auto-uncrouch from crawling out from underneath something, and thats how the exploit was performed

DegruM

L2: Junior Member
Sep 26, 2014
As sevin said, Delfy deservers no credit because he never reports anything to valve, and said glitches he does has been reported to valve months/weeks before he makes videos about them.

Here's a video explaining the thing. (If somehow people don't know already)

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xU1pNGq1_hg

henke37

aa
Sep 23, 2011
At least he doesn't claim credit for finding the problems. In the videos that is.

obodobear

L4: Comfortable Member
Mar 15, 2016
I kind of made that comment as a joke but its alright i wont hold anything against anyone :p

Jul 6, 2015