Lain

lobotomy success story
aa
Jan 8, 2015
There's also a new prop:
Code:
models/props_ui/competitive_stage.mdl
E1ns6QS.png
Really sucks that the stage is connected to the rest of the model. I wanted to use that Cap base for a level last night.

Vel0city

func_fish
aa
Dec 6, 2014
Oh man, Valve's hit a really low point.

So you know ctf_foundry has no forward spawns right? Well, it looks like that for some reason Valve has managed to get the ctf_foundry version into the cp_foundry version, which results in BLU's side having no forward spawn. The result is this:

COtsZSY.jpg

The spawn points are there, but the entire spawn room is flat out missing.

I mean... Wow. Just wow. I'm stunned to see this happening, especially from Valve. It passed the QA (if there is one which I presume there isn't), and more importantly, whoever updated Foundry didn't notice this at all. What the fuck.

sooshey

:3c
aa
Jan 7, 2015
That was likely just an honest mistake?? Files with similar names get mixed up all the time. It's human error. Valve being a prominent company doesn't mean their employees are flawless human beings that make no mistakes. It's probably easily fixable too, like. Chill.

Crash

func_nerd
aa
Mar 1, 2010
Oh man, Valve's hit a really low point.

So you know ctf_foundry has no forward spawns right? Well, it looks like that for some reason Valve has managed to get the ctf_foundry version into the cp_foundry version, which results in BLU's side having no forward spawn. The result is this:

COtsZSY.jpg

The spawn points are there, but the entire spawn room is flat out missing.

I mean... Wow. Just wow. I'm stunned to see this happening, especially from Valve. It passed the QA (if there is one which I presume there isn't), and more importantly, whoever updated Foundry didn't notice this at all. What the fuck.

What a horrible "low." They probably mixed up instances. It was just fixed in the last update tonight.

Bogdy

L4: Comfortable Member
Aug 13, 2014
Okay so, I was digging in the tf2_sound_misc_dir.vpk and I found in sound\ui folder killsound.wav, which amazingly can be replaced by any custom sound. I also found stuff like killsound_beepo, killsound_electro, killsound_note, killsound_percussion, etc.
Doesn't that date back to the Invasion update?
Nvm. I haven't played TF2 in a while and didn't realise that killsounds aren't the same thing as hitsounds.

Vel0city

func_fish
aa
Dec 6, 2014
For people that missed it in chat:
lXh7u4.png
I somehow read that as something completely different making me think that with my Winter Wonderland submission (Snowville) I'd have access. But no. Sad day.

Jun 10, 2015
I somehow read that as something completely different making me think that with my Winter Wonderland submission (Snowville) I'd have access. But no. Sad day.
[edit] i have no clue where my message went .-.

Vel0city

func_fish
aa
Dec 6, 2014
oh interesting, there's a 9v9 option for matchmaking but its grayed out. so it's definitely planned
Well that's kind of a given really. Not everybody likes 6v6. Valve would shoot themselves in the foot if they don't include Highlander.

Lain

lobotomy success story
aa
Jan 8, 2015
Well that's kind of a given really. Not everybody likes 6v6. Valve would shoot themselves in the foot if they don't include Highlander.
I honestly think, instead of including Highlander they could try 4v4, could be a nice alternative.
I just don't see 9v9 working in the grand scheme of things, keeping 18 people in a server will be genuinely impossible, given that the game is also free to play and that they will eventually have to open it up to appease people.
Keeping 10 people in a csgo server and not having them smurf, cheat, abandon, be extremely toxic or more is a nightmare.
6v6 is hard enough, but 9v9? Keep dreaming.

Fruity Snacks

Creator of blackholes & memes. Destroyer of forums
aa
Sep 5, 2010

Vel0city, something thats been pointed out is that you make very brash and very strong opinion statements. It's fine and dandy to do that, but over time with it happening often, it gets tiresome. I would like to suggest that maybe you might want to start backing up your statements with evidence, so that we can see understand your viewpoint.

Izotope

Sourcerer
aa
May 13, 2013
I honestly think, instead of including Highlander they could try 4v4, could be a nice alternative.
I just don't see 9v9 working in the grand scheme of things, keeping 18 people in a server will be genuinely impossible, given that the game is also free to play and that they will eventually have to open it up to appease people.
Keeping 10 people in a csgo server and not having them smurf, cheat, abandon, be extremely toxic or more is a nightmare.
6v6 is hard enough, but 9v9? Keep dreaming.

I don't see why not.
They could always just give players some kind of penalties for leaving, just like in MvM.

Lain

lobotomy success story
aa
Jan 8, 2015
I don't see why not.
They could always just give players some kind of penalties for leaving, just like in MvM.
Have you ever played CSGO? The penalty for leaving stops very few people who would leave in the first place, plus leaving is the least of Tf2's problems with 18 players in one server. Cheating, Smurfing and Dogpiling poorly performing players will be the next problem.
Just as perspective, I have left 4 games in the last week or so in CSGO due to there being a blatant cheater/smurf on the other team, and I am not punished for this, just a matchmaking cooldown (which does nothing because I wouldn't be playing the game for a bit after that anyways).

And all of this is from CSGO by the way, a game that costs money, a game that makes you play the game for 50 hours before letting you play competitive on a new account, a game with amazing VAC but were undetected cheats are only $80 away.

I'm not being a downer here, i'm just being realistic. Valve does not have a good track record of public competitive communities being kept clean of baddies. Look at almost every paid cheat owner, like this guy https://steamcommunity.com/id/retsupurae look at the link in his description, he is BLATANTLY cheating in that clip (62 kills 3 deaths at halftime) yet he is still not banned, 1900 hours in-game.

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
Nobody has a good track record of keeping cheaters out of PC games, because it is impossible to prevent cheating on PC. If you can run any program at all at the same time as the game, you can run an aimbot. Pure and simple.

But think of it this way: Cheaters will gravitate toward the most competitive mode of any given game, because they can cause the maximum amount of grief that way. So by adding this mode, Valve is basically keeping the cheaters away from us normal players who don't take the game super-serial and are just in it to have fun rather than measure our worth as human beings by how good we are at playing shooty-mans.