PLR Snowramp [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.

TMB

Banned
Jun 7, 2015
Frankly it sounds like you are trying to take issue with anything you can here because you didn't get the reception you wanted on your map. Everyone here is trying to help you now and all you're doing is getting mad at us.
I want to get good receptions not bad, its easy for you, your maps everyone loves it and will be in the game

Yrr

An Actual Deer
aa
Sep 20, 2015
This communty dont help in anything, yesterday i want help with something and everyone ignore me, nice community!
you wanted us to do something for you instead of learning how to do it yourself, that's not the right attitude at all

I want to get good receptions not bad, its easy for you, your maps everyone loves it and will be in the game
people love crash's maps because he works from the feedback they give him

they tell him what they dislike and he fixes it

TyeZenneth

L6: Sharp Member
May 31, 2014
You're looking at this from the wrong perspective.
The reason everyone loves Crash's maps is because he works hard on them. Also, only one of his maps has ever made it in-game.
It takes time and effort to even reach that milestone.

TMB

Banned
Jun 7, 2015
you wanted us to do something for you instead of learning how to do it yourself, that's not the right attitude at all

people love crash's maps because he works from the feedback they give him

they tell him what they dislike and he fixes it
Ok, make me a list of the errors of my map, but you dont gonna find nothin wrong, and if you find it i probably cant fix it!

alkaL1ne

L1: Registered
Dec 20, 2015
This map is pretty flat. Not only that, but it's boring, and just a long sightline from spawn to spawn. The cart's are inside of a small building which can be spammed to death, and the capture area for the cart is also easily spammable. No flanks, no other pathways, just a boring sightline with some spammable buildings.

There. A list of errors.

Psy

The Imp Queen
aa
Apr 9, 2008
I dont gonna tell you what was the problem but nobody helped me

Tumb made you an animated GIF showing exactly what you needed to do and you response was, "This is impossible."

Pretty sure that counts as helping...

Muddy

Muddy
aa
Sep 5, 2014
Oh boy you're still complaining about the soundscape issue. The one where you kept telling chat to sort out all your problems for you, while completely ignoring the advice everyone gave you. Tumbolisu even made a video specially for you, which you completely blew back in his face.

You know what, I fucking give up. Keep being stubborn and continue refusing to accept the good, sensible advice everyone here is giving you with the express purpose of helping you improve. I hope it turns out great for you.

TyeZenneth

May 31, 2014
You call that errors? I mean true errors not stupid things that he said for my map looks terrible and btw that ''errors'' i cant fix them.
There is a difference between a functional map and a proper map.
Just because your map works and doesn't melt peoples' computers doesn't mean it's any fun to play on.
And that's the main criteria for most maps: fun.
Work on making a fun, interesting map, rather than just one that checks off all the boxes.

TMB

Banned
Jun 7, 2015
Oh boy you're still complaining about the soundscape issue. The one where you kept telling chat to sort out all your problems for you, while completely ignoring the advice everyone gave you. Tumbolisu even made a video specially for you, which you completely blew back in his face.

You know what, I fucking give up. Keep being stubborn and continue refusing to accept the good, sensible advice everyone here is giving you with the express purpose of helping you improve. I hope it turns out great for you.
No, its just that first time that i make a plr and everyone hates it, what i learn? I dont have to make maps anymore, everyone gonna hates it...

TyeZenneth

May 31, 2014
No, its just that first time that i make a plr and everyone hates it, what i learn? I dont have to make maps anymore, everyone gonna hates it...
People 'hate' it because the community around here has a decently high standard of entry. People expect a level of polish in all aspects, from layout to artpassing, and they get noisy when their expectations aren't met. This isn't to say that you should give up because you didn't succeed on your first try- quite the contrary. Just keep trying, either with this map or with another, and you'll get the hang of it eventually.
But mapping needs to be an iterative process if you are to succeed. All else is secondary.

Muddy

Muddy
aa
Sep 5, 2014
headdesk.gif

MrReavers

L1: Registered
Dec 5, 2015
You call that errors? I mean true errors not stupid things that he said for my map looks terrible and btw that ''errors'' i cant fix them.
You can change the flatness by making the ground a displacement. Doing that will add variation in height and make the map feel unique. Maps like Upward do a good job on this. You can make the ground only a few inches taller or shorter and people would actually think they're walking on mounds of snow. Here's an article on how to make displacements: https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Displacement

You can change the sightlines by adding prop walls or actual walls that can give people cover from snipers. Barricades or what not.
Also, try making the cart go through tunnels of snow, igloos, snow canyons. If you add variation in where people are at a specific part, it can make the players feel like they're in different places. Add a lodge with tables, fireplaces, and other stuff. Add a place where kids might have had snowball wars in. Make the map feel like you're in a snowy area. Think of a ski resort. The snow theme is an interesting choice. You can add more and make it the map you would like to play in the game.

And add extra pathways. Use the clipping tool to add hallways. Use it to add small spots where spies can decloak. Add atleast 2 routes to attack someone from. If you don't know how to use the clipping tool, here's another article on how: https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Clipping_tool

If you want good feedback, here's good feedback. I love the snow theme, I like the christmas tree there, although it could use decoration, and the map is an interesting idea.

Please take this stuff and try to find how you can do it. And it's not the fact that everyone hates it. It's that you don't take criticism and they're telling you how to NOT make everyone hate it, but you keep being in denial. If you have to, take a week-long break and come back to your map. See what you did wrong, and change it. Or start over if you have to.

ExtraCheesyPie

L420: High Member
Jan 29, 2015
People HAVE BEEN TELLING YOU what their issues with the map is. The whole point of an alpha is that it will go through vast changes. If you don't want to take the advice that people give you and apply it, and instead get all aggressive, then why bother? You learned that it should be less flat, less open. You're taking that advice and just disregarding it- sure, thats a choice that some people have to take. Maybe they're wrong, but I agree with them. There is not enough interesting gameplay opportunities.

This will be my final correspondence, I really don't want to bother with this anymore if you're not willing to even accept fault or anything of that sort. Like you said:
Make that is losing time, is stupid i dont understand why people do that.
If you really don't understand after 3 pages of argument and stubbornness, why are you still here? What do you get out of this, if every comment is replied to with a complaint. I'm surprised this hasn't been locked already.

TMB

Banned
Jun 7, 2015
You can change the flatness by making the ground a displacement. Doing that will add variation in height and make the map feel unique. Maps like Upward do a good job on this. You can make the ground only a few inches taller or shorter and people would actually think they're walking on mounds of snow. Here's an article on how to make displacements: https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Displacement

You can change the sightlines by adding prop walls or actual walls that can give people cover from snipers. Barricades or what not.
Also, try making the cart go through tunnels of snow, igloos, snow canyons. If you add variation in where people are at a specific part, it can make the players feel like they're in different places. Add a lodge with tables, fireplaces, and other stuff. Add a place where kids might have had snowball wars in. Make the map feel like you're in a snowy area. Think of a ski resort. The snow theme is an interesting choice. You can add more and make it the map you would like to play in the game.

And add extra pathways. Use the clipping tool to add hallways. Use it to add small spots where spies can decloak. Add atleast 2 routes to attack someone from. If you don't know how to use the clipping tool, here's another article on how: https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Clipping_tool

If you want good feedback, here's good feedback. I love the snow theme, I like the christmas tree there, although it could use decoration, and the map is an interesting idea.

Please take this stuff and try to find how you can do it. And it's not the fact that everyone hates it. It's that you don't take criticism and they're telling you how to NOT make everyone hate it, but you keep being in denial. If you have to, take a week-long break and come back to your map. See what you did wrong, and change it. Or start over if you have to.
Its easy to say but not so easy to do...

TMB

Banned
Jun 7, 2015
People HAVE BEEN TELLING YOU what their issues with the map is. The whole point of an alpha is that it will go through vast changes. If you don't want to take the advice that people give you and apply it, and instead get all aggressive, then why bother? You learned that it should be less flat, less open. You're taking that advice and just disregarding it- sure, thats a choice that some people have to take. Maybe they're wrong, but I agree with them. There is not enough interesting gameplay opportunities.

This will be my final correspondence, I really don't want to bother with this anymore if you're not willing to even accept fault or anything of that sort. Like you said:

If you really don't understand after 3 pages of argument and stubbornness, why are you still here? What do you get out of this, if every comment is replied to with a complaint. I'm surprised this hasn't been locked already.
Ok. that the admin blocks this thread looks like im stupid and i dont know how to make maps.

Status
Not open for further replies.