Lets All Do The 100 Push Up Challenge

Sep 19, 2010
Man, I'd like to see some video proof of you guys cranking out 40+ haha. I did this program earlier this year and advanced from 18 to 52 in six weeks. Don't make the same mistake I did and go for quantity over quality. Focus on doing good form push ups instead of a lot of poor ones. You don't want to hurt yourself.

seth

aa
May 31, 2013
Skipped 2 weeks to start since the site suggests if you do more than 20 for the initial test, you should start at week 3.

Week 3, day 1:

Set 1: 14 - piece of cake.
Set 2: 18 - the last 2 were a struggle.
Set 3: 14 - struggle
Set 4: 14 - my god my whole upper body hurt after the last rep.
Set 5 (max): 10 - hardest set of them all, I had to take mini-breaks after every 2 reps and I literally collapsed at 10.

This is gonna be way harder than I thought.

Total: 70.

Last edited:

Crash

func_nerd
aa
Mar 1, 2010
Skipped to Week 3, Day 1 as per instructions on my initial test of 32.

Did 14, little rough feeling from the initial test, but doable.

Did 18, holy crap this was tough.

Did the next 14, blew through them like nothing.

Next 14, same thing, rocked them bitches.

Last set of Max I pushed myself all the way up to 32 again and hooooly shit am I feeling it now. I've been sore for the past two days since my initial test, definitely going to be feeling that one again.

Fruity Snacks

Creator of blackholes & memes. Destroyer of forums
aa
Sep 5, 2010
Aiight guys, I got started today.

Week 3.
Todays set was to do 14, 18, 14, 14 then at least 20.

I did the 14 - Awesome, felt great.
I did the 18 - A little tough towards the end, but good.
I did the 14 - Shit, this is going to be tough...
I did the 14 - Fell over after 9.

Going to see if I can complete it again on friday. If I can, I might reevaluate my place the graph and maybe jump over a column. We'll see.

Keep up the awesome work guys. You guys keep doing, I'll keep doing it. I know you all love to see me suffer.

seth

aa
May 31, 2013
Week 3, day 2:

Set 1: 20 - fairly easy, last few were a struggle. went too slow.
Set 2: 25 - not as bad as i thought they would be since i tried to go faster.
Set 3: 15 - cranked em out pretty ok.
Set 4: 15 - this set was brutal, pulled hard on the last 2.
Set 5 (max): 16 - jesus i had to go hard to pull 16 out. crash, if you don't have a hard time with these sets ill be... mad.

This day showed me that speed is important. You get way more tired going slow than if you try to speed it up. As long as you keep your form correct, speed is key to pushing through seemingly impossible sets.

Total: 91.

Hard to believe just 2 days ago I eked out only 70, up 21 since then.

Last edited:

seth

aa
May 31, 2013
Week 3, day 3:

Set 1: 22 - wow, kind of surprised at how hard this set was. couldnt go as fast as i wanted to.
Set 2: 30 - hardest set ive ever done. i felt like a little weakling after this one.
Set 3: 20 - another really hard set, cant believe im actually finishing these.
Set 4: 20 - again, super hard. each one of these sets so far has been far worse than any of the other days.
Set 5 (max): 28 - holy shit i felt every single rep of this set in my fucking bones. i collapsed at 27 and had to literally use every ounce of strength i had left for 28. this is fucking nuts.

This day sucked. Went into it feeling a bit sore, especially my left arm (I play tennis 6 hours a day, 5 days a week so my right arm is significantly bigger than my left). I felt like I would do okay though since I thought I did well last time. I actually struggled a bit on that first set just doing 22. There's no way in hell I'm gonna be able to crank out 100 in 3 more weeks.

Total: 120. (+29 from last session)

I don't think my body was ready for this today or something, ill be glad for the break this weekend. im gonna stick with this til the bitter end.

Last edited: