Kemptown

KotH Kemptown rc3a

• This map is featured! Our best maps, all together in one place for your viewing pleasure.

Muddy

Muddy
aa
Sep 5, 2014
Last edited:

ExtraCheesyPie

L420: High Member
Jan 29, 2015
That truck in Screenshot 2, is that a custom model or did you just add your own railing?

Kube

Not the correct way to make lasagna
aa
Aug 31, 2014
Why did you make a KotH map?

S

saph

You a salty :cookie:?

A couple of notes I had from the IMP:
  • I found the point to be too hard to capture due to the height difference of the top of the fountain and because the area around the point feels very constricted. I'd widen the point and maybe make the middle building two separate paths, because one small doorway chokes it off.
  • The two side routes are pretty large sightlines, I'd break it up more because both teams are fighting along the sides too much as if they're more of the main pathway instead of the flanks.
  • The two building outside of the spawns don't provide too much of an advantage, and are just another tight pathway. If you added a window or two on each building, it would give an incentive to control them if you wanted to defend your spawn.
  • I enjoy the open area around the spawn because it allows for a lot of nice rocket jumps from platform to platform and building to building.
  • I liked the geometry of the point a lot, but I think the area around it (especially the side ramps) shouldn't have as much verticality.
  • The overall layout is simple and clean. The art style will be somewhat unique because there isn't a lot of city maps.
I'm looking forward to the upcoming versions of Salt, it looks promising.

Muddy

Muddy
aa
Sep 5, 2014
Why did you make a KotH map?
'Cos. Also I was inspired by koth_king's layout and I wanted to try it in a more suburban setting.

A couple of notes I had from the IMP:
Thanks! Overall I feel like nothing about the map was horribly wrong, which is a good sign.

ExtraCheesyPie

L420: High Member
Jan 29, 2015
Is the fountain using saltwater or something?

Muddy

Muddy
aa
Sep 5, 2014
koth_salt_a2

* extended building to the left of spawn to fill up some dead space

* hollowed-out the buildings flanking mid

* added some high-ground around the point

* raised the area around the mid by half the height

* item pickup revisions

* quick optimisation

* other miscellaneous tweaks

Read the rest of this update entry...

Muddy

Muddy
aa
Sep 5, 2014
a3:

* remade mid almost entirely, it’s now bigger and more spacious

* increased capture zone size

* pushed spawns closer towards mid (and also raised it up a bit)

* added yrrzy’s Mud Pies poster

* put water in the fountain. actual water

Read the rest of this update entry...