Nov 6, 2011
[ wip and shitty lighting and a lot of useless/not-deleted-yet geometry ]

2015-04-02_00002.jpg

2015-04-02_00004.jpg

Lain

lobotomy success story
aa
Jan 8, 2015
making a 5cp map while i wait on HH gameday for feedback on Satori, and while i fixed up foundry last based on reddit feedback threads and comp matches, I am still stuck on what to do with the second. What do people think of this second?

3cec26d502.jpg

I feel like it is missing something..

Lain

lobotomy success story
aa
Jan 8, 2015
d7ad405d35.jpg

finally got a second i (kinda) like! gonna be working on mid now, mostly taking queues from Foundry and Gullywash, hope it turns out well.

Kraken

Few more zeros and ones for the site to proccess
Dec 21, 2014
I've made a prop for the tower but I'm having a hard time deciding whether the design really fits in visually:

preview_towerclock.jpg

I think it looks too noisy and has too sharp looking texture.

Kube

Not the correct way to make lasagna
aa
Aug 31, 2014
I've made a prop for the tower but I'm having a hard time deciding whether the design really fits in visually:
-snip-

I'd say that the prop looks excellent, but you might have to rework the tower's brushwork to make the tower's function clear.

r6a2123.jpg

Germany%20070.jpg

In the end, you might just want to bring the clock to the top portion of the tower, and making the clock portion larger(?), even though I would argue it looks good in the place it is now.

I'm very excited to see such a polished Medieval style!

Last edited:

Kube

Not the correct way to make lasagna
aa
Aug 31, 2014
Reduced the details on the clock:
-snip-

Oh, that's certainly better. Scrap what I said earlier about the placement of the clock, this version looks great where it is.

Another Bad Pun

In the shadows, he saw four eyes lit by fire
aa
Jan 15, 2011
Maybe I'm wrong, but I feel like a clock tower makes the most sense when it is high up and can be seen by most of the town. I guess the point needs to have a landmark, but a clock tower like that where only a few people in the street can see it seems strange. Although... that's just assumption. It might be really common.

EDIT: Or maybe the tower in the picture can be seen by most people. I can't really tell for sure

Last edited:

Yacan1

D I G I T A L I N F L U E N C E R
aa
Nov 7, 2010
I would suggest more yellowish brush strokes and maybe small stains coming from the numbers. It just looks very clean for an old German town.

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
Yeah, if there's a tower, then the clock definitely needs to be at the top part of it. So swap it out with the windows you have higher up.

Also, metal roof is probably a no-no.