Jul 22, 2009
i see no problem

254901.gif

Seba

DR. BIG FUCKER, PHD
aa
Jun 9, 2009
ceci n'est pas une carte

Give the ropes more slack, they look kind of odd atm. Also the upper parts of buildings are too detail-heavy imo, you want to keep the players' eyes on the point and where enemies will be coming from. Looks good other than that, I really like it!

littleedge

L1111: Clipping Guru
aa
Mar 2, 2009

SSX

aa
Feb 2, 2014
On my heatwave map, people keep saying there's a third point or something when it's only 2 points. Someone mind telling how to fix it?

SSX

aa
Feb 2, 2014
People were stating a lot that the cp_heatwave felt to 'Open' or not having any transitional areas.

Well, here's an idea I put into works:

VaWHYjO.jpg

4v4U32k.jpg

mrPSFO0.jpg

ZSfc76X.jpg

The other area can now be reached by crossing through this room, and adds a little sniper window into Point B. Though with this change, I feel like I'm going to need to push the point back a little at somepoint, but I prefer it in a way as it reminds me of Upward's Final Point.

PS. Still need help on figuring out how to change 'Three' control points to 'Two' in the startup...

grazr

Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle
aa
Mar 4, 2008
Holy HDR.

Also, Bakscratch, as the others have mentioned regarding the detail on the tall buildings, much of those details will be missed as players wont even look up there, you should note that players will focus on A: other players B: Objectives (payload/CP's) and C: areas of high threat such as doorways. Thus it's a waste of resources to render excessive details out of sight like that.

An example of this is the ramp room on 2fort. Look at the outside of the main spawnroom structure. It's just a big plain wall and nobody even cares.

SSX

aa
Feb 2, 2014
Could try this

mrPSFO0.jpg

EDIT: I forgot to add: Put a platform (just a platform, no stairs) where the setup gate is to the left of the cover suggestion.

The cover area is probably going to go unchanged for the reason of it being more aimed for a sentry spot, but I could probably adjust it for slightly small amounts of cover.