WiP in WiP, post your screenshots!

tyler

aa
Sep 11, 2013
It is Estate themed, I am completely ripping Mangy off. I'm not that far along so it isn't all come together yet but I guarantee you it's gonna get there. I guess most the assets are at this point medieval though.

EArkham

Necromancer
aa
Aug 14, 2009
I'mma detailin' in alpha guise!

Okay, okay, it's only the spawn areas. And lighting is very bleh. This was just a quick compile to check composition and see where I needed some lights.

koth_skyward_a2_06.jpg

re1wind

aa
Aug 12, 2009
you sure this is alpha?

edit: i blame being very tired at 2 am for not actually having read ear's post.

Last edited:
Aug 23, 2008
I'mma detailin' in alpha guise!

Okay, okay, it's only the spawn areas. And lighting is very bleh. This was just a quick compile to check composition and see where I needed some lights.

koth_skyward_a2_06.jpg

Not a huge fan of the barn to be honest. If you are going for that style of building, check how they do it in doublecross (I think they peak it a bit more).

But, just in general I feel like that spawn area would be better if you stuck to the foundry theme. You could replace the barn with a one-two of angled rooftops (one lower than the other), and I think it would mesh well with the rest of the map.

Also, it feels like your really mingling a lot of textures together there that maybe you don't need. Like, the tiny angled building between doors is a bit odd, especially with the wood on the bottom, as opposed to the brick a building over from it. They seem like they would have the same foundation, so its odd that one has wood and the other brick. Just my thoughts.

EArkham

Necromancer
aa
Aug 14, 2009
Not a huge fan of the barn to be honest.
-SNIP-
You could replace the barn with a one-two of angled rooftops (one lower than the other), and I think it would mesh well with the rest of the map.
-SNIP-
Also, it feels like your really mingling a lot of textures together there that maybe you don't need.

You are absolutely correct. Looks much better (ignoring the stupidly bright spotlights, will fix that later, hehe):

koth_skyward_a2_06b.jpg

Also, detailing is probably the most fun thing about map design! What are you guys on about.

Idolon

they/them
aa
Feb 7, 2008
Well, it just depends person to person. I prefer the design process over the detailing process, to be honest.

Mar 23, 2010
Well, it just depends person to person. I prefer the design process over the detailing process, to be honest.

no, one of them must be right as they state their opinions as fact.