WiP in WiP, post your screenshots!

tyler

aa
Sep 11, 2013
It isn't as clean as it looks. Some of the vertices are off grid, but just the unimportant ones. It's all arches of varying thickness sliced into triangles to make the clipping/trim, and the steps are just 16 brushes on a 90 arch that I lowered separately into steps. What was really tedious was just splitting each section of the arch into tris, because on a 32-base arch you can do each one while the entire group is selected, but I'm using a 64-base arch for these steps (which is illegal) so I had to select each brush manually and split it. Took about four and a half hours to get right. And that's why people don't bother clipping spiral staircases.

Last edited by a moderator:

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
That's the new dropbox format, from what I understand being able to use the old hotlinking feature all depends on when you created your account. If timelmo only started using them very recently then he probably cant hotlink on dropbox like most of us can, also to gain the link I'm using the old dropbox desktop software whereas they may have now hidden the hotlinking feature of the website, idk but I hope that clears that up

RIP Dropbox 2010-2012

Bloodhound

L6: Sharp Member
Jan 3, 2011

Amidio

L2: Junior Member
Apr 14, 2012
Been unable to map for ages, but here's the new point for rockbottom:
MwI3K.jpg

And some retweaked side routes:
79zxC.jpg

e1kPO.jpg

phi

aa
Nov 6, 2011
So because I want to get this thing into beta, detailing.
Also: little ledge on building, and 45° angles are a love/hate relationship.

buildingred1.png

buildingred2.png

phi

aa
Nov 6, 2011
I liking those angles. Does it play alright?
Why don't you come to the server on Thursday and find out yourself :p
I only detail things that either are out of bounds or mostly balanced, and I've already tested the heck out of what was, so I believe so.

T

The Asylum

yyler making a Medieval map?

Is.... is this where I'm the one supposed to say "Don't even fucking think about it?"

Penguin

Clinically Diagnosed with Small Mapper's Syndrome
aa
May 21, 2009
thats a pretty hardcore set of spiral stairs.