Which airstrip layout should I use for my SFM map?

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by The Siphon, Mar 28, 2017.

?

Which layout?

1. 1

1 vote(s)
    6.7%
  2. 2

3 vote(s)
    20.0%
  3. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. 4

7 vote(s)
    46.7%
  5. 5

4 vote(s)
    26.7%
  6. 6

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. The Siphon

The Siphon L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    I am making an airstrip map for SFM workshop. The map is set in a desert, what layout should I use? The airstrip is unofficial and kinda cheap. 2 hangars.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 28, 2017
  2. BigfootBeto

aa BigfootBeto Too obsessed with perfection

Positive Ratings:
    Why not just have all of them in one map? Or just have different versions with different air stips? Should be fairly simple to change after you've got everything else done.

If not, generally air strips have 2 crossed strips in order to still have a functioning one in the event of crosswind.

[​IMG]

3. Micnax

aa Micnax I maek map

Positive Ratings:
    If it's cheap, it'll tend to only have a singular runway. 2, 3 or 6 look the most realistic for that regard.

4. Werewolf

aa Werewolf Probably not a real Werewolf

Positive Ratings:
    Does it matter too much? I'd say so long as people have the space to film what they want in an airport theme, people won't mind.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Vel0city

aa Vel0city func_fish

Positive Ratings:
    Do Schiphol. Or JFK.

6. henke37

aa henke37

Positive Ratings:
    Try and account for the possibility of multiple planes at the same time. Don't forget about the low speed areas for shuffling the planes around on the ground without being in the way for arriving and departing planes.

7. Idolon

aa Idolon the worst admin

Positive Ratings:
    Put yourself in the shoes of whoever is using your map and think about what they'd want out of the map. I think ideally the map provides a lot of possibilities in terms of composing an image (i.e. where the user places the camera so elements in the scene are in certain parts of the image) because it provides more to play with.

In other words, choose a layout that isn't symmetrical.