Vector

CTF Vector Final

• This map is featured! Our best maps, all together in one place for your viewing pleasure.
Aug 19, 2008
the big health and ammo right at blu spawn seem out of place, it know, dustbowl has the same right out of spawn, but the player has to step into a small shack where he can be bombarded.

1st cap building is perfect, not as bunkery as before

for 2nd cap blu´s preperation area is too far away to be effective, blu has to pop the uber and has merely a chance to reach the shack before the uber runs out

can´t give good feedback for 2-1/2-2, just played it once and needed to learn the layout and it somewhat confused me a bit
half the time blu had to people around the intel because red defended the intelspawn instead of the spawn
if thats what you intended, then bravo, if not, move the intel closer to the spawn :)

Last edited:

Icarus

aa
Sep 10, 2008
the big health and ammo right at blu spawn seem out of place, it know, dustbowl has the same right out of spawn, but the player has to step into a small shack where he can be bombarded.

I can't think of a reason why having those health packs there are bad, other than you don't see it often. As they are now, it helps BLU break out of the spawncamp RED sets up at the beginning

grazr

Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle
aa
Mar 4, 2008
eerieone said:
for 2nd cap blu´s preperation area is too far away to be effective, blu has to pop the uber and has merely a chance to reach the shack before the uber runs out

The same can be said for any round area by Valve, players have to decide whether they want to pop the uber early to get past snipers, spies and sporadic defenders and risk running out of uber at the objective, or fairing the onslaught of spam and snipers to reach the objective for enough uber to take out any probable static defences.

It's part of the gameplay mechanics dictated by the mapper to offer a minor choice much in the same way a mapper offers a choice between an alternative path that takes longer but is safer, or main path that is quicker but more dangerous.

Aug 19, 2008
i´m not saying that he can´t do that, just personally i think it looks a bit off.
i would rather try to alter the exit or surrounding area to reduce the amount of angles where the spam can come from

Icarus

aa
Sep 10, 2008
Contest bump.

I believe the balance is almost perfect, although I still tend to overcompensate the first and final points.

1-1 will be getting a small tweak to make it easier to capture.
2-2 will be getting a small tweak to make it easier to defend.

TheDarkerSideofYourShadow

L10: Glamorous Member
Apr 12, 2008
Icarus, I just want you to know, I read this thread only for the lols generated by the tags.

But, good map. Seemed to play pretty well today. The 1-1 SG spot was a little rough, since it can cover the point AND anyone trying to attack it from the side. However, during my second time attacking (after the scramble), I managed to take it out by demo jumping to the roof of the building above the cap.

Also, will you be replacing the wall to the left at 1-1 with something other than skybox? Like a fence model or something? I'm just asking, because it would be nice to have something to have rockets explode off of, especially with the height disadvantage there.

Icarus

aa
Sep 10, 2008
ctf_vector_a120005.jpg

captainAngry

L420: High Member
Feb 1, 2009
I didn't get a chance to play this last night but it did get played on my server. It got good ratings so I assume people liked it. I did grabv a demo so you can see what people were saying. I'll update to latest before we play again.

Last edited:

Phobos

L3: Member
Feb 22, 2009
I'm really tempted to use the HAL-Doomsday thingie picture as my new wallpaper. :drool1:

Just one minor thing: Capping the intel doesn't give you points. Intentional?

Icarus

aa
Sep 10, 2008
Getting used to making displacements, thanks to Phil
untityled.jpg

btw, I've started detailing - BLU spawn is nearly done

Icarus is on fire!