Vector

CTF Vector Final

• This map is featured! Our best maps, all together in one place for your viewing pleasure.

Icarus

aa
Sep 10, 2008
ctf_vector_a220004.jpg

Alpha 22
http://forums.tf2maps.net/downloads.php?do=file&id=1747&act=down

-Whole shitloads stuff changed
-Partially detailed Stage 1

Void

Local Man Unable To Map, Sources Say
aa
Sep 14, 2008
pedestal looks out of place on solid ground, maybe put a few steel panels or something beneath it?

Icarus

aa
Sep 10, 2008
Every time I make these releases, I spend 5 minutes staring at my own screenshots.

Then I notice, you're right, void. It actually looks like it's been poorly photoshopped in :p

pl

L5: Dapper Member
Mar 6, 2009
I'm actually thinking that too :p

I would suggest putting a small platform under the intel platform and that will be fine :)

The Gentlemanne

L4: Comfortable Member
Jun 18, 2009
wood and blu don't mix....but a metal platform would look awkward just remove the pedestal and put a rock or something

Icarus

aa
Sep 10, 2008
I really hate the idea that RED is void of metal and BLU is void of wood. Their architecture is much more interesting than that!

pitto

L3: Member
Feb 17, 2009
I really hate the idea that RED is void of metal and BLU is void of wood. Their architecture is much more interesting than that!

I totally agree, if you look in any valve map blue does have wood in their buildings (usually darker shades) and red does have metal
but usually a combination of wood, metal and concrete/bricks is used

Tom Foolery

L1: Registered
Apr 13, 2009
Wow, this map looks very different from when I played it in... a12 or so? I'll have to d/l it and look around.

EDIT: I poked my head around in-game, and have a couple of notes. First, I like the blue base; it's very well detailed. But, in the tunnel to the right, the train engine is larger than the tunnel entrance. It doesn't really matter, I just thought that I'd point it out...

Anyway, a lot of the stairs throughout the map don't seem to be playerclipped. It's another minor thing, but I guarantee that someone will moan about it on gameday.

Last edited:

mtv22

L3: Member
Feb 28, 2009
As for the intel, I think it would look best just hovering there, just noticed those little blu things pulsing out of the other thing in the ground. I think it would look cool.

Void

Local Man Unable To Map, Sources Say
aa
Sep 14, 2008
Maybe you can use the Payload tracklights and put them at different angles on the ground around the Intel.

Icarus

aa
Sep 10, 2008
I think you can see where it ends in that screen. With a scout, the distance is roughly to the intel spawn.

pl

L5: Dapper Member
Mar 6, 2009
Oh, heh, I forgot to mention that your detailing is off to a good start. It looks very vibrant and clean.