The Summer 2016 7.2 Hour Contest!

Discussion in 'Contests' started by LeSwordfish, Aug 11, 2016.

1. Diva Dan

aa Diva Dan hello!

Positive Ratings:
    That's unfortunate... what did you have planned?

2. Hotel Detective

Hotel Detective L4: Comfortable Member

Positive Ratings:
    Well I have to DNF.
    Family stuff came up, I'll probably try to finish my map tomorrow but not actually enter it into the contest

3. Iron Knight

Iron Knight L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    welp i just made a map that needs hours to compile, so now i cant submit my 8 hours of work...

4. dryerlint

dryerlint L5: Dapper Member

Positive Ratings:
    "8 hours"

Uhh... I have some bad news for you

• Funny Funny x 3
  5. Iron Knight

Iron Knight L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    sorry mine ends at 9:12 so i got mixed up
    i ment 6 (last hour i gave up)

• Like Like x 1
  6. Beef Bucket

aa Beef Bucket L41: Blessed Member

Positive Ratings:
    Slapped some buildings down, then I had to go do some other shit, then when I got done with that I realized what I had made wasn't very good anyway. Ironically the bridge I made last week to prepare for today ended up much better. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

20160903212617_1.jpg

7. Freyja

aa Freyja It hurt itself in it's confusion!

Positive Ratings:
    I tried my best and managed to do a couple of hours, but I was feeling too flat and unmotivated. Thanks everyone who watched my brief laggy stream. Good luck everyone else.

8. Hosomi

Hosomi L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    Starting in five minutes and I haven't got any food
    oh fuuuck

9. Hosomi

Positive Ratings:
    FINISHED!
    well, kinda. I uploaded a2 in the given time.

10. Paper Shadow

Paper Shadow L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    I just submitted my second entry, and because I have the latest start and deadline, we can consider the contest officially over. Hurray. I've seen a lot of good entries, so I'll be curious how my less good entries stack against them, and seeing the final results of course...

11. Turnip

aa Turnip The 80s Vegetable

Positive Ratings:
    I probably cant win, not wont (which is also true, holy shit the detail maps were amazing), but some of my custom content didnt get packed, and I didn't notice until it was WAY to late to fix it.

Hope judges use the screenshots I posted as reference for the missing props, because there are no missing textures, its just the tank props I believe that didn't get packed.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. LeSwordfish

aa LeSwordfish semi-trained quasi-professional

Positive Ratings:
    • Thanks Thanks x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Hosomi

Positive Ratings:
    Was I? By how long? If it was just a couple minutes then it was because I didn't notice the submission thread. I streamed it, so you can watch the VOD to check that I was within the time limit. You can also check the metadata on the file. I assure you everything was within 7hours and 12 minutes
    Am I eligible for a grace period if I spent half an hour fixing all my brushes that were 1/8th of a HU apart?

14. LeSwordfish

Positive Ratings:
    Just a heads up, i'm working on the map packs and judging, but waiting on a few quick fixes before I do so. I also want to play all the layout maps on a full server at least once to spot any issues. Detail judging should start this evening: Layout judging tomorrow.

15. LeSwordfish

Positive Ratings:
    Judging the Detail Entries

Detail Map Pack - Judging Survey
    All judging is public, so you, the unwashed masses, can decide who wins. I'm still finishing off the Layout uploads, but while you are waiting for that, linked above are the Detail entries to download!

To Judge:
    • Download the detail map pack above, and play each of the maps a little bit. Have a proper look around them.
    • Once you've done this, go to the Judging Survey above. This asks you to rate each map from 1 to 5. Do this, and leave a comment explaining why you chose that rating.
    • Yes, you can rate your own map.
    The map with the overall highest rating at the end wins! Easy, right?

We reserve the right to discard any judging that seems suspicious (such as giving one map a 5 and all others a 1). Please play the maps, and don't just rate based on the screenshots.

Unfortunately, two maps were broken and had to be disqualified. These were detail_diva, by @Diva Dan, which was a corrupted file, and detail_malachiteman by @Malachite Man which was fullbright and in violation of the contest rules. Without these two, there were sixteen Detail entries.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Diva Dan

aa Diva Dan hello!

Positive Ratings:
    Aw, that sucks. Wish someone told me I had the issue earlier. It's my fault, anyways. Best of luck to everyone else.

17. Corvatile

aa Corvatile

Positive Ratings:
    [​IMG]

List of detail maps if you want to load them up from the console quick-like:

chateau_detail
    cortyard [sic]
    detail__substation_tierraverde_v1
    detail_cytosolic_tundra
    detail_davekillerish_7.2
    detail_exactol_7
    detail_ido_gulch
    detail_nicktf_cuba
    detail_papershadow_7temple
    detail_ranchhouse_v2
    detail_raven
    detail_spawnroom_funnystuf_v1
    detail_yrrzy
    invasion_detail
    midnight_a1
    solar6

• Thanks Thanks x 3
  18. Yrr

aa Yrr An Actual Deer

Positive Ratings:
    load them in console with the console command:
    map mapname

you may also want to use mp_waitingforplayers_cancel 1 each time so you dont get like a few seconds into looking around and then get restarted

19. LeSwordfish

Positive Ratings:
    Note that that's not a typo, detail__substation_tierraverde_v1 really does have two underscores.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Malachite Man

Malachite Man L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    It was Fulbright and I do not know why well I know my enter was disqualified but I will still like some judgement on the detailing is that okay?