The Meet Your Match Update is Coming

Vel0city

func_fish
aa
Dec 6, 2014
I made this, who do you vote for?
MM War 2.png
Nether. I mean, I main Pyro but I don't like either of them. At all.

EArkham

Necromancer
aa
Aug 14, 2009
First time I played Sunshine/Sinshine was during the Halloween update, and I was very pleasantly surprised at how well it played. Figured they wouldn't add the regular version since they had a Halloween version, but I'm glad they did... removing the deathpits should only make it play even better.

No thoughts on Metalworks as I hadn't played it. Aethestically it looks a little spartan, but we'll see.

Hesitant to say this here since we're expected to be very supportive of any map that gets in game but I'm not a big fan of Swiftwater. However I haven't played it in ages, and there's a dozen different versions, so maybe the final ingame one will have fixed all of the things I didn't like about it.

Pretty hyped about Sunshine & Metalworks though!

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
At least Swiftwater doesn't have the performance issues that Cashworks has, so it was a better choice for that reason. Still, adding a map that old now feels weird; are we gonna get Glacier next?

Werewolf

Probably not a real Werewolf
aa
Apr 12, 2011
So err.... are we expecting anything that might be of interest to the mapping community? Even if it just some more entities tailored around competitive?

Yrr

An Actual Deer
aa
Sep 20, 2015
no hopefully this should just push more people to try getting involved in comp mapping

its a good quality standard to aim for and now there's a much wider audience for it

Vel0city

func_fish
aa
Dec 6, 2014
So err.... are we expecting anything that might be of interest to the mapping community? Even if it just some more entities tailored around competitive?
CS:GO's recent changes with Nuke would be nice. Valve's dynamic shadow system, phong on brushes, normalmaps on props with lightmaps, etc.

RataDeOrdenador

L5: Dapper Member
Oct 12, 2015
Am I the only one who noticed this awesome dude with creepy eyes right here:

DDyjJWJ.png

Is doing this awesome dance right here? Sort of? Maybe?

tumblr_m4sfmqrIsQ1qceb06.gif

thetearsarekillingme. T.T

Pocket

aa
Nov 14, 2009
CS:GO's recent changes with Nuke would be nice. Valve's dynamic shadow system, phong on brushes, normalmaps on props with lightmaps, etc.
And CS:GO in turn could benefit from actually offering lightmaps on props (yeah, I bought it in the Steam Sale just to play around with the SDK and that feature is still absent) and map repacking. Really, they should just try to go back to the old days of having a single engine that all their games run on. Or at least TF2, CS:GO, and Black Mesa (which recently introduced its own, coded-from-scratch, dynamic light system that's apparently better than Valve's).

Vel0city

func_fish
aa
Dec 6, 2014
And CS:GO in turn could benefit from actually offering lightmaps on props (yeah, I bought it in the Steam Sale just to play around with the SDK and that feature is still absent) and map repacking. Really, they should just try to go back to the old days of having a single engine that all their games run on. Or at least TF2, CS:GO, and Black Mesa (which recently introduced its own, coded-from-scratch, dynamic light system that's apparently better than Valve's).
Wait, the BM team did? What's different?

Pocket

aa
Nov 14, 2009
Apparently their version is compatible with "light styles", whatever that means. I should go on their forum and ask sometime.

EDIT: Oh apparently that means the thing you can do to make a light flicker or strobe. That wouldn't really be an issue in TF2, obviously.

Last edited:

Izotope

Sourcerer
aa
May 13, 2013
I don't get the logic behind Heavy VS Pyro, though.
Don't get me wrong, I don't hate on this, I just simply don't understand the class choice.
I would understand Spy VS Pyro, or Spy VS Sniper or Spy VS Engi, but Heavy VS Pyro confuses me.
I suppose we'll find out everything about this in the update...