The Mayann Project

ics

http://ics-base.net
aa
Jun 17, 2010
Quite surprised how much you can do with just the Mayan/Aztec assets EArkham did. However more than Mayan guy face, snake head, stelae and stoneworks would help a lot. (inb4 soon in like few months :chord:)

Indeed, i'm also using EA's pack but you can only go so far with it. More the merrier.

Viemärirotta

sniffer
aa
Feb 5, 2016
Indeed, i'm also using EA's pack but you can only go so far with it. More the merrier.

I guess the only other thing than EA's pack are the prototype textures for pl_temple. However these textures cause a big file size if used in a map (for example Itza started using those textures, file size rose to around 11 mb for an early alpha).

DrLambda

L69: Teeheehee, Member
aa
Feb 18, 2015
Don't mess with gameplay props.
Why? I mean, there's literally a "just the center dot of the CP"-CP prop. If you keep that around, you should be good to go?

*edit: And i obviously don't mean like a complete redesign, just something that you'd be more likely to see in an mayan ruins-like environment. Like changing the other circle to a grayish rock texture.

Last edited:

ics

http://ics-base.net
aa
Jun 17, 2010
Messing with gameplay props can lead to players not knowing where to go and what to do. There are still *very* clueless players playing this game. A control point for example, looks the same for every CP map. It's easy for players to notice. If you change that to something completely else, players might not go there and are lost in the map.

However, i think the idea was to make the CP "mayan", like adding some green mold, leaves, woody roots etc around it so it blends to the scene. But i think it's best not to touch those too much.

fubarFX

The "raw" in "nodraw"
aa
Jun 1, 2009
changing the control point plate to some degree would not be an issue, I'd just recommend making it with the exact same proportions so it's instantly recognizable. Maybe matching the various rings in it if possible. at the end of the day, people still have a hard time finding the objective on hightower

Skullio

L1: Registered
Mar 29, 2016
Reskinning the cap point from chrome to gold with some simple Mayan calender style etchings would be pretty cool I think. Might even stand out better than the grey metal on grey temple floors and as long as it has the spinning icon floating on it people would still identify it easily

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
capbase5.JPG

Neutral/Red/Blue in both clean and mossy styles.

When viewed from a distance it's actually more readable than the original:
capbase6.JPG

Diva Dan

hello!
aa
Mar 20, 2016
holy balls I did not expect to see those. That is some fancy stuff right there! Is it a custom model or is it some of those clever displacements you were talking about?

EDIT: nvm its def a model because of the light reflection

Vel0city

func_fish
aa
Dec 6, 2014
capbase5.JPG

capbase6.JPG
Probably because it's blocky-er and the glowing bit actually pokes out above the rest of the point, unlike the original. Also, the glowing bit has way more contrast compared to the rest of the control point mode, unlike the original where it's all metal-y and shiny.

Viemärirotta

sniffer
aa
Feb 5, 2016
capbase5.JPG

capbase6.JPG

It looks.. so good. However will there be a hologram modification to fit this or are we supposed to use this without the hologram?

fubarFX

The "raw" in "nodraw"
aa
Jun 1, 2009
I think he was referring to the diameter of the colored ring, the original plate matches the size at the bottom of the hologram. this one looks slightly larger. I'm guessing small brick circles probably look awkward. that said the hologram probably sits on it fine, idk.