The (hopefully) First TF2 Map Idea Generator!

Patchy the pirate

L1: Registered
Apr 9, 2022
1649655228049.png

This set on a similar asteroid as pl_breadspace
-A custom skybox of dark, deep space with bright streaks running across it in timed intervals
-The middle point being an excavation site for crystalized Australium
-Both teams' spawns being crudely built space base with the spawn doors acting as airlocks
-Instead of using man-made walls to block out players viewing the ends of the map, set the entire map in a gigantic crater surrounding everything
-Definitely DON'T add the suffocation condition to all players that leave spawn, so everyone just slowly dies before reaching the middle cp :winkwink:

1649656192956.png

-Meat

Panegyr

L1: Registered
Aug 2, 2022
- A Steel-type Control Point map set underwater.

I'm not 100% well versed in the relevant flags, but is it possible to completely disable drowning damage for players?

If so, reign of the pyroshark.

- A Four Team Domination map that changes to a different gamemode after the round ends.

I've played ctf_scurvy which actually does this somewhat, it's CTF to three and then transitions to a single point A/D map with the defender being the team that won CTF.​

SnickerPuffs

(*single chuckle*)
aa
Apr 10, 2014
BANG! Surprise Christmas Update!

Version 3.0

• Entirely rewrote this generator! Granted, it's still using the super-simple RandomGen framework, but the code is much cleaner and easier to add to, now. There's even some slight variation from the results, instead of the old "X map with Y" gimmick. Pardon any spelling/grammatical errors.
  • Added plenty of new gamemodes (many of which were suggested by @Katsu! :3 quite some time ago) and gimmicks. I'd give an exact number, but like I said the code was entirely rewritten so details are a bit fuzzy.
  • Clarified the mod-specific gamemodes (such as Four-Team and Deathmatch) with their respective mods
  • Added some rare generator results! (ooh so mysterious)