The 2015 Summer 72hr Mapping Contest!

worMatty

Repacking Evangelist
aa
Jul 22, 2014
Regarding iibo's meet, I have been considering using my webcam to capture JPEG shots every few minutes, like those old school web cam pages people had in the 2000s. But the only software I know of that is good for it is VisionGS, which is very, very old. Anyone have any recommendations?

Idolon

they/them
aa
Feb 7, 2008
Regarding iibo's meet, I have been considering using my webcam to capture JPEG shots every few minutes, like those old school web cam pages people had in the 2000s. But the only software I know of that is good for it is VisionGS, which is very, very old. Anyone have any recommendations?

Chronolapse.

Is there going to be a standard gameday this weekend, or is it going to just be non-stop testing of 72 hour maps?

I haven't actually spoken with Egan about this, but I doubt there will be a normal gameday. You can expect a lot of impromptus to happen this weekend.

worMatty

Repacking Evangelist
aa
Jul 22, 2014
Chronolapse.

I haven't actually spoken with Egan about this, but I doubt there will be a normal gameday. You can expect a lot of impromptus to happen this weekend.

Thanks, ido. Ideally I wanted something that would also upload an image to FTP so people could keep a little webpage open and keep an eye on us. But a time lapse video of the event would be fine.

This Chronolapse thing looks good for doing a time lapse of development in Hammer, too.

MrHatlf

engineer main, majoring in exploiting
Feb 6, 2013
Screw it, I'm getting in here

Idolon

they/them
aa
Feb 7, 2008
I am quite newbie, when is the next one? thx

This contest starts in just two days! The next contest hasn't been scheduled, but you can probably expect it in January.

iiboharz

eternally tired
aa
Nov 5, 2014
set up video cameras on tripods, and film the contest oldschool and turn it into a timelapse or documentary afterwards!

I am actually planning to do something with my DSLR, probably a photo every 30 mins.

killohurtz

Distinction in Applied Carving
aa
Feb 22, 2014
There's a separate thread for uploading submissions in the Contests forum. It's locked now, but you will be able to post in it during the 72 hour time frame.

TyeZenneth

L6: Sharp Member
May 31, 2014
There's a separate thread for uploading submissions in the Contests forum. It's locked now, but you will be able to post in it during the 72 hour time frame.

There's also a Contest Entries subforum under the Map Workshop forum but I'm not sure if it's required that you make a thread or not.

Vincent

&#128296 Grandmaster Lizard Wizard Jedi &#128296
aa
Sep 5, 2009
There's also a Contest Entries subforum under the Map Workshop forum but I'm not sure if it's required that you make a thread or not.

I'm not sure if ido wants to do it, but he could move the threads to the contest forum. Make it simple on everyone else. I don't think every entry even made a thread so it's only a handful.

Idolon

they/them
aa
Feb 7, 2008
The contest subforum isn't set up for map submissions, so that's a bit difficult.

You don't have to make a thread for your map. However, making a thread means more people are going to know your map exists (and you'll be more likely to get votes!), and also lets people leave feedback outside of playtests.

CriminalBunny

Lasers are just deadly rainbows
aa
Oct 11, 2013

Thanks! I'll find it and fave it so I don't miss it.

I ask because when I finished my entry for the last winter one I uploaded it in that forum but it didn't make it to the contest.

And I just made a twitch account, but I'm not sure if I'll stream the thing. If I do I'll let you know c:

S

Spae

i am a really noob mapper. Ive only had around a month of experience and only know as much as ueakcrash's tutorials. I dont think i can compete with all of these guys. I dont know how to do anything, full compile wtf is that? How do i submit my map? How to i test it on a server. I dont have any friends to help me out. I cant map for shit so im probably going to skip this one. Hopefully ill have enough experience to compete in the next one :crying:

f**k it im mapping yeayaaaah!

Tekku

aa
Aug 31, 2008
My laptops DCin port broke and the repairs are taking longer than I thought, so I am not able to attend the LAN, nor take part in the contest, boo :<

iiboharz

eternally tired
aa
Nov 5, 2014
My laptops DCin port broke and the repairs are taking longer than I thought, so I am not able to attend the LAN, nor take part in the contest, boo :<

wow i got all worried about you and you wouldn't reply to my texts.

sad to know though, at least i know you're alright tho.

maybe next time.