Rift

CTF Rift RC3

chemelia

yndersn't
aa
May 11, 2014
"And the winner is":

Eyga6Ej.jpg
Good find, but there's an even bigger easter egg!

:hint:: you're on the right track with trophy hunting ;)

Bud Calypso

L1: Registered
Jul 28, 2015
Good find, but there's an even bigger easter egg!

Adding easter eggs for volunteers to find easter eggs of polishing on the way, should be a new standard.
Applying to the enjoybale instinct of rewarded curiosity, a project progresses and everyone wins.

But to establish it, every innovation needs rules to work in a larger scale.
My first suggestion would be: " § 1 The reward is guaranteed".

TL;DR I wasn't able to find it.

aa7ovHp.jpg

iMYC0F1.jpg

fbVB83d.jpg

Another lamp frozen in time.

AXFYmDU.jpg

Autonomic brick

RDcQRGQ.jpg

Opportunistic texture

A2TkwuF.jpg

RCQrTCt.jpg

These could be nodraw, no?!

xwvum7l.jpg

UgIMmtf.jpg

I'm just a rookie, but these props of the 3d-skybox seemed to be too "in-depth" to be seen by anyone. Easter-rocks?

HvJyDcJ.jpg

Nothing wrong here. Just added in case you run out of wallpapers.

I need to save some curiosity for the presents in a fiew days and also would be disappointed if the easteregg wouldn't be some sort of Santa at this time of the year. So if noone else gets lucky, you should reveal it sooner or later.
At least to the volunteers for legitimacy - kickstarter-like.

;)

Hopefully you're reaching _final soon, so you and the contributors can lean back and enjoy the view.

Happy holidays if we don't meet before again,

Bud

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
I'm not sure why this needed custom voice lines. The issue before was that you had literally used the wrong clip for like, all but one of them I think? That said, the real problem was probably how frequently the bomb kept getting dropped and picked up again. Have you ever considered just converting this to PASS Time?

Anyway, I noticed some framerot going on; here are a couple spots where it seemed to be the most egregious:

9B2489A5C4124987018CF1C0684B02EC6E344FE6

Look at all the salmon! This is all brushwork, and I assume that can't be good for performance. If nothing else, brushes aren't culled by areaportals and can't be given fade distances that would make them drop off at extreme distances. But also, most of that stuff is behind a giant solid wall. I'm guessing you wanted to avoid culling that tower behind a skybox brush, but consider adding a big horizontal hint brush along the roofline to stop anything below it from rendering unless you're jumping way high. You might also benefit from some areaportals.

DEBB6885637B98D02DDC80231F211CADFFAD0AC2

Speaking of areaportals, you could probably use some right here! Yikes.

chemelia

yndersn't
aa
May 11, 2014
Release Candidate 3
-EXPERIMENTAL: Added a Battalion's Backup effect to the flag carrier only, halving sentry damage and resisting 25% of all other damage.
-Added a round timer
-12 minutes initial and max time
-4 minutes added each capture
-Extended bomb return time when dropped and capped
-Removed radio effect from custom announcer
-Added some more spectator cams
-Changed the lighting logic on lantern props
-Fixed up and changed some small details
-Hopefully further improved optimization

Read the rest of this update entry...