Myers-Briggs Personality Test

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Da Spud Lord, Nov 8, 2017.

1. Da Spud Lord

aa Da Spud Lord L0: Shitty Member

Positive Ratings:
    Most of you have probably heard of the Myers-Briggs personality test, a personality test that classifies people as one of 16 personality types based on 5 personality traits. If you haven't, you can take the test right here for free. I found it scarily accurate. So here is the question I pose to all of you: What is your personality type? I think it would be interesting to see if there are any trends among personalities in the TF2Maps community.

Me, I am an INTP-T ("The Logician"), which stands for:
    -Introverted
    -iNtuitive
    -Thinking
    -Prospecting
    -Turbulent
    You can see my profile here.

2. hutty

aa hutty

Positive Ratings:
    Nah, I can't stand these tests, I will act differently in these example situations depending on the context I am in.

"You do not usually initiate conversations."

Like how do you even answer that when there are a large amount on uncounted variables. Do I know the person I would be talking to already? Are they a stranger on the bus? Maybe I live in an environment where people are trigger happy on starting conversations before I get a chance and even though I would normally start the conversation these social speed runners are tipping the scale away from its natural state and making it look like I never start conversations. Is the person cute. Is there a relevant event going on. Are we talking in person or online?

And to add extra salt to the grain stash I had a major personality shift a long while ago so I don't see it as something that is so locked in and measurable. Especially with a test like this.

• Agree Agree x 5
  3. Cartfridge

Cartfridge L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    Perhaps I'm being overly cynical, but these kind of tests remind me a lot of those low quality newspaper-horoscopes where every answer feels applicable.

• Agree Agree x 7
  4. Infomaniac

Infomaniac L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    Yeah, I remember getting Campaigner, which doesn't feel right. I personally feel more like a Logician.

5. LeSwordfish

aa LeSwordfish semi-trained quasi-professional

Positive Ratings:
    I'm a Hufflepuff

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Svode

aa Svode Take a Chance on Me

Positive Ratings:
    I scored as a ENTP-T Debater, which stands for:

-Extraverted
    -Intuitive
    -Thinking
    -Prospecting
    -Turbulent

I wouldn't outright call myself totally extroverted (in fact, the ENT parts were a near 50/50 split in outcomes) but I do guess much of the other things do apply.

7. Zed

aa Zed Certified Most Crunk™

Positive Ratings:
    I feel like every time I've ever taken one of these tests I've scored completely differently.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. WiddaArcher

WiddaArcher L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    This test is like those Horoscopes except less terrible, but more obnoxious. I can't tolerate people using their astrological signs to describe themselves. So if I encounter anyone who introduces themselves as some Meyer-Briggs personality type, they just changed the social event into a PVP enabled zone. Also using video game terminology to describe responses to specific situations is worse, and applying irony can't save it, but I am an INTP-A, so I use my own logic, believe in my own justice, and I don't care what others think.

9. theatreTECHIE

aa theatreTECHIE Yet another Techie for the net...

Positive Ratings:
    I’m similar to many of the above in that I don’t like the Myers-Briggs classifications, and also am able to direct people to a good video about it from “Adam Ruins Everything”:
    View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NQqSnkI32A

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Polymathic Polyphony

Polymathic Polyphony L3: Member

Positive Ratings:

(I'm an INTP, for the record)

11. Zed

aa Zed Certified Most Crunk™

Positive Ratings:
    My favourite people are people who are super elitist about being a certain personality type for some ridiculous reason.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Bunker Junker

Bunker Junker L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    Executive (ESTJ-a).

Then again I don't usually take these things seriously, despite me trying my best to be honest on tests such as these.

13. Hyperion

aa Hyperion L16: Grid Member

Positive Ratings:
    ISTP

I know the test doesn't represent all personalities but what else you would expect when there is only 16 different outcomes... That being said, I can identify with many ISTP stories and stereotypes

14. Clarity

Clarity L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
  15. Skittelz Pie

Skittelz Pie L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    I'm Advocate (INFJ-A)

Hey at least i'm an introvert

16. Another Bad Pun

Server Staff Another Bad Pun bap

Positive Ratings:
    I have crippling anxiety and rely primarily on prescription medication to stay relatively stable

(INFP-T)

17. LadyRaee

LadyRaee CHEERFULLY SUICIDAL

Positive Ratings:
    All of my scores are about 40–60 to 50–50. Like I fully expected…
    There's little point to this test, when you're adaptive person and/or have major personality impacting disorders like bipolar, depression, schizo-psychotic stuff…

18. Intergalactic Trash Can

Intergalactic Trash Can L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    Campaigner ENFP-A
    Extraverted-Intuitive-Feeling-Proptecting-Assertive