Myers-Briggs Personality Test

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Da Spud Lord, Nov 8, 2017.

1. Da Spud Lord

aa Da Spud Lord L0: Crappy Member

Positive Ratings:
    Most of you have probably heard of the Myers-Briggs personality test, a personality test that classifies people as one of 16 personality types based on 5 personality traits. If you haven't, you can take the test right here for free. I found it scarily accurate. So here is the question I pose to all of you: What is your personality type? I think it would be interesting to see if there are any trends among personalities in the TF2Maps community.

Me, I am an INTP-T ("The Logician"), which stands for:
    -Introverted
    -iNtuitive
    -Thinking
    -Prospecting
    -Turbulent
    You can see my profile here.

2. hutty

aa hutty

Positive Ratings:
    Nah, I can't stand these tests, I will act differently in these example situations depending on the context I am in.

"You do not usually initiate conversations."

Like how do you even answer that when there are a large amount on uncounted variables. Do I know the person I would be talking to already? Are they a stranger on the bus? Maybe I live in an environment where people are trigger happy on starting conversations before I get a chance and even though I would normally start the conversation these social speed runners are tipping the scale away from its natural state and making it look like I never start conversations. Is the person cute. Is there a relevant event going on. Are we talking in person or online?

And to add extra salt to the grain stash I had a major personality shift a long while ago so I don't see it as something that is so locked in and measurable. Especially with a test like this.

• Agree Agree x 6
  3. Cartfridge

Cartfridge L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    Perhaps I'm being overly cynical, but these kind of tests remind me a lot of those low quality newspaper-horoscopes where every answer feels applicable.

• Agree Agree x 8
  4. Infomaniac

Infomaniac L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    Yeah, I remember getting Campaigner, which doesn't feel right. I personally feel more like a Logician.

5. LeSwordfish

aa LeSwordfish semi-trained quasi-professional

Positive Ratings:
    I'm a Hufflepuff

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Svode

aa Svode Take a Chance on Me

Positive Ratings:
    I scored as a ENTP-T Debater, which stands for:

-Extraverted
    -Intuitive
    -Thinking
    -Prospecting
    -Turbulent

I wouldn't outright call myself totally extroverted (in fact, the ENT parts were a near 50/50 split in outcomes) but I do guess much of the other things do apply.

7. Zed

aa Zed Certified Most Crunk™

Positive Ratings:
    I feel like every time I've ever taken one of these tests I've scored completely differently.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. WiddaArcher

WiddaArcher L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    This test is like those Horoscopes except less terrible, but more obnoxious. I can't tolerate people using their astrological signs to describe themselves. So if I encounter anyone who introduces themselves as some Meyer-Briggs personality type, they just changed the social event into a PVP enabled zone. Also using video game terminology to describe responses to specific situations is worse, and applying irony can't save it, but I am an INTP-A, so I use my own logic, believe in my own justice, and I don't care what others think.

9. theatreTECHIE

aa theatreTECHIE Yet another Techie for the net...

Positive Ratings:
    I’m similar to many of the above in that I don’t like the Myers-Briggs classifications, and also am able to direct people to a good video about it from “Adam Ruins Everything”:
    View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NQqSnkI32A

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Narpas

aa Narpas Failing at Scaling

Positive Ratings:

(I'm an INTP, for the record)

11. Zed

aa Zed Certified Most Crunk™

Positive Ratings:
    My favourite people are people who are super elitist about being a certain personality type for some ridiculous reason.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Bunker Junker

Bunker Junker L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    Executive (ESTJ-a).

Then again I don't usually take these things seriously, despite me trying my best to be honest on tests such as these.

13. Hyperion

aa Hyperion L16: Grid Member

Positive Ratings:
    ISTP

I know the test doesn't represent all personalities but what else you would expect when there is only 16 different outcomes... That being said, I can identify with many ISTP stories and stereotypes

14. Clarity

Clarity L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
  15. Jasper The Blank

Jasper The Blank L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    I'm Advocate (INFJ-A)

Hey at least i'm an introvert

16. Another Bad Pun

Server Staff Another Bad Pun over my dead body

Positive Ratings:
    I have crippling anxiety and rely primarily on prescription medication to stay relatively stable

(INFP-T)

17. LadyRaee

LadyRaee CHEERFULLY SUICIDAL

Positive Ratings:
    All of my scores are about 40–60 to 50–50. Like I fully expected…
    There's little point to this test, when you're adaptive person and/or have major personality impacting disorders like bipolar, depression, schizo-psychotic stuff…

18. Tango

Tango L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    Campaigner ENFP-A
    Extraverted-Intuitive-Feeling-Proptecting-Assertive

19. Walrus Wambagoni

Walrus Wambagoni L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    INFP-T
    "Mediator"

Lies

20. Moonrat

aa Moonrat The end of an era

Positive Ratings:
    I did one of these tests in my first semester of college last year for an intro psych class, and it just felt dumb. These kinds of vague questions don't really say anything, because pretty much any interpretation is going to be very different.

Which was a great primer for the rest of that class.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1