My Map is in Fullbright ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

beute^

L1: Registered
Aug 22, 2016
Im making a Frontline! Payload version of ctf_2fort.I added just the Traintracks right now, but when i compile my map it is in Fullbright and the spawn door has a distorted wooden like texture. I dont have any idea how to fix this. I searched around the internet but found nothing. I think it is something with my Compile option, maybe i have chosen a wrong one.

beute^

Aug 22, 2016
the only errors that sdk sees are following:
Entity (logic_auto) has bad l/O connections
Entity keyvalue "position0" refers to a missing target
Entity keyvalue "position3" refers to a missing target

if you have the vmf version of 2fort maybe it also stands there.

Another Bad Pun

In the shadows, he saw four eyes lit by fire
aa
Jan 15, 2011
Those are probably fine. Follow the coordinates in your compile log instead.
I think they are these said:
-319.5 -840.0 334.0
Copy the coordinates and go to the top and pull down the "view" tab. There should be a "go to coordinates..." option. Click that, enter the coordinates, and you will be taken to the broken brushes. Then delete them and remake them and it should work

beute^

Aug 22, 2016
i used the advice from Crowbar and i pressed Alt+d and it brought me to the Big Barrels at Red Site.So i deleted thatand replaced it with a block.after that there was lighting in my map!!!! fucked up light but still light.im going to show you a video later.

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
Consider going back and editing the SDK version of 2fort instead. It's not up to date (minor bug fixes over the years, nothing major enough to affect playtesting), but there shouldn't be any errors in it. I've successfully recompiled it without issue.

beute^

Aug 22, 2016
im using a sdk version of 2fort.it doesnt matter if i choose the one that valve gave or that one that UEAKcrash gave in a forum to download.
the same glitch/bug accures.

Another Bad Pun

In the shadows, he saw four eyes lit by fire
aa
Jan 15, 2011
You have a leak
go to map >pointfile
press yes
find a red line and follow it and it will show you where your hole is
if it's an areaportal leak (which it looks like this is) it will loop around. Make sure every areaportal is flush with the wall and seals off each area completely
and if it's a map leak it will just go straight into the void
patch it up and it should work

EDIT: Also, your skybox isn't working? Either you have none or the filename is wrong in map settings
2fort's is tf2_sky_04

Last edited:

beute^

Aug 22, 2016
Interlopers says this :

brush 26588: areaportal brush doesn't touch two areas

Description:
One of your areaportals touches either too many, or to few areas. Possible causes are:
-areaportals touching/intersecting each other (this causes them to touch more than two areas)
-areaportals not sealing an area ( you can move from one side of the areaportal to the other side, without crossing world geometry or other areaportals). This is also regarded as a leak.

Solution:
The fix would be to move your areaportal(s) around so the above situations don't occur. You may need to read up on the usage of areaportals if you don't understand the problem. I suggest you find your areaportals using it's brushnumber (view->go to brush ( 26588 )

See also:
Areaportals
WIKI: Func_areaportal

The affected object may not work and/or cause general errors

Last contribution: Anonymous

entity prop_static (-252.00 -898.00 65.49) leaked!
Description:
You have a leak. A leak is a hole in your map that exposes any entity in your map to the void (the black space outside your map).

Solution:
Fix the leak.

See also:
WIKI: leaks

This error will cause your map to fail compiling correctly

can't load skybox file skybox/sky_tf2_04 to build the default cubemap!
Description:
You have entered a skybox texture which doesn't seem to be valid. Make sure you don't specify the last three letter (_UP, _DN, etc) of any skybox texture you use. You may also need to fix your vmt files if they are broken. It may also be caused by compiling a non-HDR skybox texture.

Solution:
WIKI: Skybox

The affected object may not work/appear properly

findportalside: couldn't find a good match for which brush to assign to a portal near (-319.5 -840.0 334.0)
Description:
This error is usually followed by something like this:

Leaf 0 contents:(may vary)
Leaf 1 contents: CONTENTS_SOLID (may vary, e.g. CONTENTS_WATER)
viscontents (node 0 contents ^ node 1 contents): CONTENTS_SOLID (ditto)
This means that none of the brushes in leaf 0 or 1 that touches the portal
has CONTENTS_SOLID
Check for a huge brush enclosing the coordinates above that has contents
CONTENTS_SOLID
Candidate brush IDs: [none or more brushnumbers]
Usually, this error is caused by a leak, so fix it if it is.
If it isn't, there is a (group of) brush(es) that is/are giving vbsp.exe a hard time to figure out your level.
Apparently it cannot determine the boundaries of a certain portal. Maybe there is a large brush covering the area, maybe the area is just to complicated for poor vbsp to figure out.

I don't know the details but usually turning entities to world brushes or vice-versa helps to fight the problem. Hell, just cutting a brush in two once helped me fight this problem.

Solution:
Find the given coordinates (or if a brush number is given search for the brush number) and see what you can do to to simplify the area (like turning brushes to func_detail). You should also check to see if the brushes are overlapping at any point.

See also:
Finding brushnumbers and coordinates

Last contribution: Smurfy

**** leaked ****
Description:
You have a leak. A leak is a hole in your map that exposes any entity in your map to the void (the black space outside your map).

Solution:
Fix the leak.

See also:
WIKI: leaks

This error will cause your map to fail compiling correctly

error loading studio model ""!
Description:
You have an model-based entity (prop_something) without a model specified.

Solution:
To fix, delete it or give it a model. It can be hard to find, and if you really cant find it, use this trick: open your map (.vmf) in wordpad, and search for the string:

"model" ""

replace it with something you never used in your map, eg.

"model" "somenameineverusedforanentity"

Save the file, and open it up in hammer again. using 'entity report' in Hammer, you can search for the string "somenameineverusedforanentity" and your entity comes up. Alternatively, you may delete the entire entity, by removing it entirely:

entity
{
"some stuff" "more stuff"
"model" ""
"origin" xx xx xx"
editor
{
"color" "220 30 220"
"visgroupid" "2"
"visgroupshown" "1"
}
}

would be what you can delete. after the last "}" the next entity will be specified. Remember to delete the entire entity, and only that one, or your map may get broken. As a precaution, you should always backup your map before editing it in a text editor.

Last contribution: Mr. Happy

make_triangles:calc_triangle_representation: cannot convert
Description:
Usually preceded by some coordinates, the best explanation I can give at the moment is that this is caused by certain models (a b0rked subpart). In particular the "/wasteland/InteriorFence002d.mdl"-model. I've also heard small panes of glass and some other (even self-made) models can cause this error to occur, as do some freaky regular brushes. This error can also be caused by bad displacements.
If it is displacements they may fail to collide with vehicles and physics objects on the triangles that are causing a problem. Parts of the displacement may still work others may not.

Solution:
You can look for ages to find the model causing the problem, after hiding all your models first and see if that is causing your problem. Once found, you can decide to reconstruct that model, there doesn't seem to be a real error in the model itself though. In other words, leave it be, it won't hurt you. Unless you bite first! It may be the case that the game will not load the map because of this error. It would present you with a pup-up with the beloved memory error.
The displacement problem as of right now has only 1 solution and it is to delete the displacement. If its a brush, find it with Cordon Tools and delete it.

Vel0city

func_fish
aa
Dec 6, 2014
You have a leak. A leak occurs when you have entities that somehow found a way to the void (the infinite blackness in Hammer). You MUST fix any leak before doing anything else, as a leak will break your map in the most horrendous of ways. Another Bad Pun told you how to fix both an areaportal leak and a map leak, your focus should be on the map leak.

beute^

Aug 22, 2016
i know what a leak is but the leaked prop isnt even in that infinite blackness and the 2nd leak just says that it is a leak (no coordinates).And
I dont get it with the Portals,Aeroportals,make_triangles:calc_triangle_representation:cannot convert and that thing with the Skybox.

Crowbar

Spiritual preprocessor
aa
Dec 19, 2015
There can't be leak coordinates. A leak means that there is an entity in the void/not inside a visleaf nor a world brush. An areaportal leak means that an areaportal touched the same area twice.

beute^

Aug 22, 2016
when i load the point file it just brings me to some train tracks that arent really outside the skybox.I raised the track multiple times a tiny bit but the compiler says theres a Prop_Static leak and Normal Leak.

Muddy

Muddy
aa
Sep 5, 2014
Again, the compiler just finds the closest entity to the leak. That doesn't necessarily mean that the entity in question is actually outside the map. Go to that entity (using the co-ordinates given) and from there, try to find the leak.

beute^

Aug 22, 2016
i have no lightnng bugs anymore !!! i just put the Train tracks from my old 2fort vmf into the sdk_2fort vmf from Valve.Either the 2Fort vmf that i got from a forum was broken or theres no leak. The train tracks are now floating above the ground but still..I got proper lighting!!!! has anybody a idea on how to set the train tracks down so they are on the ground ? i heard you can make a Nodraw box under your tracks so that the train tracks dont go into the void and cause a Leak.

iiboharz

eternally tired
aa
Nov 5, 2014
I highly recommend against editing and distributing maps made from decompiled versions of other maps. Often decompilers break things, and this is a clear example of what can happen when you use a decompiled map as a base.

I would recommend only using a decompiled map for reference, but if you really want to use 2Fort, I would recommend using the (albeit outdated) SDK version of 2Fort that Valve provides. (Which I see you have already done.)

Additionally, if you're not ready to handle the many things that can go wrong when working with Hammer, I would recommend perhaps working on a new map from scratch instead! Learn the basics first, get to grips with the editor and how all the little things work. This can go a long way and is often better than diving head first into a difficult project that's going to throw errors at you whenever you do even a tiny thing.

mush

Aug 14, 2023
i know this is an old ass thread, but the issue is that you were using power 4 displacements. for some reason no matter what, using power 4 displacements break everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.