Ixem

ARENA Ixem A24e

BenCo

L5: Dapper Member
Dec 30, 2015
Ok, what i say... the maps sucks and thats why have problems... i will try to fix them... maybe...
Dude it's in alpha stage... Do you really think you make the map perfect in alpha stage? But if you doing this depressive behavior it won't get better. If you work on the map, fix problems, it will get to a stage where the map is gonna be playable. But unless you change mood it's not going anywhere.

TMB

Banned
Jun 7, 2015
Dude it's in alpha stage... Do you really think you make the map perfect in alpha stage? But if you doing this depressive behavior it won't get better. If you work on the map, fix problems, it will get to a stage where the map is gonna be playable. But unless you change mood it's not going anywhere.
Now its not a copy of byre... now its a copy of ravine... but i dont wanna talk about that...

BenCo

Dec 30, 2015
Now its not a copy of byre... now its a copy of ravine... but i dont wanna talk about that...
That's what I'm talking about! You here to complain instead of working on your map! And I don't see anyone complaining about your map besides you. They are just giving feedbacks!

TMB

Banned
Jun 7, 2015
That's what I'm talking about! You here to complain instead of working on your map! And I don't see anyone complaining about your map besides you. They are just giving feedbacks!
But who wants to play in a map that is a copy?

BenCo

Dec 30, 2015
But who wants to play in a map that is a copy?
If you really feel it's a copy of an other map try making it special. By adding new layout elements, routes. But I again say I saw no one saying it's a copy of an other map besides you!

TMB

Banned
Jun 7, 2015
If you really feel it's a copy of an other map try making it special. By adding new layout elements, routes. But I again say I saw no one saying it's a copy of an other map besides you!
Ok, i hope nobody says nothing about it then...

SnickerPuffs

(*single chuckle*)
aa
Apr 10, 2014
Won't having 2 maps named "ixem" cause file conflicts?

Also, I ran around in your map a bit and took some screenshots. I crudely painted over them with some suggestions.

wMgvmsd.jpg

The spawns are a bit boring and flat. I suggest you make the area to the left of of spawn a cliffside, like shown here. I also suggest you add some interesting bits, like a crate platform, so the maps not bland around spawns. Maybe make it more attractive to players by adding a medium health/ammo pack?

Another suggestion is that you add some barriers between spawns and the middle buildings, somewhat like what's shown here, as it's currently a bit of a Sniper heaven, with spawn-to-spawn sightlines. Also, the space between the "shed" and the large spawn entrance could use a wall-like thing, to cut the sightline between the shed and the spawn and reduce the chance of spawncampers.

B seems like a cliff overhang, into a pit. However, you did not put one there. I suggest you add a deep drop into a pit, where a trigger_hurt waits for victims. You should also add a light over the capture point to brighten it up some, as it's currently pretty dark.

The (what I assume is) "rubble" in both spawns are still errors signs. You should pack it, as I shouldn't have to download models if I want to play a map. I should only have to download the map itself.

TMB

Banned
Jun 7, 2015
Won't having 2 maps named "ixem" cause file conflicts?

Also, I ran around in your map a bit and took some screenshots. I crudely painted over them with some suggestions.

wMgvmsd.jpg

The spawns are a bit boring and flat. I suggest you make the area to the camera's left of of spawn a cliffside, like shown here. I also suggest you add some interesting bits, like a crate platform, so the maps not just bland and flat around spawns. Maybe make it more attractive to players by adding a medium health/ammo pack? Another suggestion is that you add some barriers between spawns and the middle buildings, as it's currently a bit of a Sniper heaven, with spawn-to-spawn sightlines. Also, the space between the "shed" and the large spawn entrance could use a wall-like thing, to cut the sightline between the shed and the spawn and reduce the chance of spawncampers.

DtLMrPt.jpg

B seems like a cliff overhang, into a pit. However, you did not put one there. I suggest you add a deep drop into a pit, where a trigger_hurt waits for victims. You should also add a light over the capture point to brighten it up some, as it's currently pretty dark.

wC2hxrY.jpg

The (what I assume is) "rubble" in both spawns are still errors signs. You should pack it, as I shouldn't have to download models if I want to play a map. I should only have to download the map itself.
I pack it, but look that doenst work... i use VIDE and this tutorial.

SnickerPuffs

(*single chuckle*)
aa
Apr 10, 2014

Is your content in the "custom" folder? If so, I suggest making VIDE search there manually. Just change the search path, and you should be good to go!

TMB

Banned
Jun 7, 2015
Ok, the map is actually named arena_ixem_a4 but existed and old version of ixem called arena_ixem_a22... and of course i had to pass for arena_ixem_a4, so i have to change the name of the map to arena_ixem_a23?

Yrr

An Actual Deer
aa
Sep 20, 2015
as long as its something that hasnt been used before its good, if you use the same name twice it can cause issues on the server

Vel0city

func_fish
aa
Dec 6, 2014
I recommend using CompilePal. It can pack content automatically no matter where it is located in the TF folder.

BenCo

Dec 30, 2015
Or try using PakRat. It's also have an auto add custom content and then recompile option.

Yrr

An Actual Deer
aa
Sep 20, 2015