Ixem

ARENA Ixem A24e

TMB

Banned
Jun 7, 2015
If you stop updating it and just work on a new map, everyone will forget about this one.

Source: it worked for my old maps :~)
N O , i have working in this map too much time and im no gonna kill it now, btw, the mayan procjet wil finish near...

Muddy

Muddy
aa
Sep 5, 2014
N O , i have working in this map too much time and im no gonna kill it now, btw, the mayan procjet wil finish near...
We've all spent lots of time on maps only to scrap them. It's just what happens with creative hobbies.

Also, the Mayann Project is not anywhere near being finished - but even if it were, you could just make something for the Frontline project instead.

TMB

Banned
Jun 7, 2015
We've all spent lots of time on maps only to scrap them. It's just what happens with creative hobbies.

Also, the Mayann Project is not anywhere near being finished - but even if it were, you could just make something for the Frontline project instead.
For the frontiline i will make other map, for now, i have to work in this crappy and awful map...

iiboharz

eternally tired
aa
Nov 5, 2014
I don't understand what your problem is, TMB. You want to make a good map, but you keep working on a map which you insist is a copy of Byre, and even though you yourself say it is a copy of Byre, you keep working on it and telling everyone that it's a Byre clone.

If your ultimate goal is to get a map in-game, I'm sorry, but I really don't think someone with your attitude has the potential to get that far, at least, not with how hard you're being on yourself about it, and your motivation for actually mapping.

TMB

Banned
Jun 7, 2015
I don't understand what your problem is, TMB. You want to make a good map, but you keep working on a map which you insist is a copy of Byre, and even though you yourself say it is a copy of Byre, you keep working on it and telling everyone that it's a Byre clone.

If your ultimate goal is to get a map in-game, I'm sorry, but I really don't think someone with your attitude has the potential to get that far, at least, not with how hard you're being on yourself about it, and your motivation for actually mapping.
My ultimate goal here is make a map of any gamemode and with luck one of them get in game, and i have to work on it but if this map that is a clon of byre, people like it, then we have a problem...

iiboharz

eternally tired
aa
Nov 5, 2014
My ultimate goal here is make a map of any gamemode and with luck one of them get in game, and i have to work on it but if this map that is a clon of byre, people like it, then we have a problem...

If you don't like working on the map because it's supposedly a clone of Byre, then stop working on it. Work on something else. Don't worry about what others' think about it. However, continue to take feedback and iterate.

TMB

Banned
Jun 7, 2015
You don't "have" to work on a map. Heck, there's nothing stopping you from making a new map for the Mayann project - again, it's nowhere near being finished (there's no confirmed release date)
There is a lot of gamemodes, many of them are hard to make and many of them i dont like it, i dont know for where start... and there is no time to make a new map, maybe in next month will end this, and the map must be perfect for then...

NotSoHoriz

L3: Member
May 20, 2016
There is a lot of gamemodes, many of them are hard to make and many of them i dont like it, i dont know for where start... and there is no time to make a new map, maybe in next month will end this, and the map must be perfect for then...
Then I doubt you will get a map into the game.

iiboharz

eternally tired
aa
Nov 5, 2014
maybe in next month will end this, and the map must be perfect for then...
Better get to work then! If Valve can make pl_badwater from scratch in six-weeks, you can probably make a map for mayann in just over a month. (BTW - i can assure you, it's not going to end next month)

TMB

Banned
Jun 7, 2015
If your time is so precious, why spend some making a map you DON'T want to work on worse to prove a point?
Cause the map must be good not a clon...

Then I doubt you will get a map into the game.
Thanks for helping...

Better get to work then! If Valve can make pl_badwater from scratch in six-weeks, you can probably make a map for mayann in just over a month. (BTW - i can assure you, it's not going to end next month)
I hate badwater, that map sucks... in fact i hate pl...

TMB

Banned
Jun 7, 2015
Badwater wasn't the point, the point was that Valve is able to make a map from scratch in a short time period.
First, Valve is more than a person, and at least his scratch wasnt a copy of other map...

TMB

Banned
Jun 7, 2015
Then why make the map MORE like byre?
I told you, i dont wanna people like this version, i want people like the other version but they wont so the only solution is make this looks worse...

Muddy

Muddy
aa
Sep 5, 2014
I told you, i dont wanna people like this version, i want people like the other version but they wont so the only solution is make this looks worse...
Then scrap this map and work on the other one.