Glassworks

CP Glassworks RC7a

• This map is featured! Our best maps, all together in one place for your viewing pleasure.

sooshey

:3c
aa
Jan 7, 2015
My team played on this map last night and there were a few sightlines some of my teammates pointed out.
oDaVTn2.jpg

They thought this one was a little too long, and could be blocked off by moving that fence prop a little to the left.
Rg4LYpk.jpg

This one gave my medic trouble because not only does a sniper in that tunnel have a wide field of vision, he is also difficult to get at.
RTtdGNT.jpg

This one on last gave all of us trouble because, once again, the sniper was difficult to counter. He could fire straight into our spawn. Same goes for the other spawn exit, although it's not as bad.

Crash

func_nerd
aa
Mar 1, 2010
Kresnik (captain of .knd) also shared this one recently that I thought was really cool. He's been testing it with me for awhile so he's had time to really learn the map.

The guy also REALLY knows his Highlander.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kube

Not the correct way to make lasagna
aa
Aug 31, 2014
Smiled when I found this in my feed:

I would say that the meta for the connector between mid and 2nd as well as for last are going to have to progress, but I do like the fact that a team defending at last is able to push out, like you've said.

Last edited by a moderator:

Vel0city

func_fish
aa
Dec 6, 2014
I was just thinking: you can make a KOTH map out of mid. Spawns in toxic, then 3 areas to go to, like Viaduct.

Just try that for giggles.

Dec 28, 2014
This map is mentioned in the newest issue of the US PC Gamer (Issue 271, November 2015 Doom cover). There is a small article about the map workshop being added to TF2 and they list 3 high quality TF2 maps along with the article. They write the following about Glassworks "A 5CP map, locking both teams in a tug-of-war over its five control points. It's designed for competitive Highlander, but works just as well with 24 players."

Vel0city

func_fish
aa
Dec 6, 2014
The fun thing is is that I made that discovery months ago and pointed it (along some other stuff) out to Crash. How he still hasn't fixed it is beyond me.