Deliverance

Deliverance b3

Apr 19, 2009
The fact that it looks like a rock stage and is a giant drill, screams Metalocalypse.
ctf_deliverance_a80000.jpg

Void

Local Man Unable To Map, Sources Say
aa
Sep 14, 2008
Sorry to break it to you Coach, but your heroes lip-sync drill vital resources. There's a tape briefcase back here labeled finale.

owly-oop

im birb
aa
Apr 14, 2009
I always have fun on this map! Keep up the good work!

I don't really know what to say. BLU was generally better, so they deserved to win. But they pretty much spawncamped until some guys stopped and switched teams and such. There are multiple entrances though, especially that upper one on the walkway.

As you have said earlier, you have pretty much gotten the layout solid, and the only changes would be minor ones. Minor changes require good testing so you can get a detailed conclusion. An 8v8 in a oublic server will be inevitable uneven and i doubt you could get much off of it

MangyCarface

Mapper
aa
Feb 26, 2008
Hrm, one thing to try, move those stairs in the far left so that they lead up to the open door in the red building and get rid of the new ladder... since that room leads onto both the previous location of the stairs and the train path (correct if wrong) it might work out better overall /shrug

Shmitz

Old Hat
aa
Nov 12, 2007

ALPHA 9
* Added small ammo to capture area platform.
* Changed drop-down to a stairway.
* Added some cover to mid.
* Added a quick way up to mid platform.
* Made the windows of the mountain shack slightly taller.
* Added some supports beneath the track bridge by spawn.

[DOWNLOAD]

grazr

Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle
aa
Mar 4, 2008
If all else fails you could always just remove the platform and lower the starting point for the intel to the hill. Since the hill is high ground anyway, and people can jump down into the centre from those cliff edges. It means players have better access to the intel and it becomes less of KoTH-y. Even though the intel doesn't always stay there. It is a ctf map after all and you need to concentrate on that functionality before making things "more interesting".

It'll divert attention to fighting towards and into the middle, rather than looking up onto a platform that people can't shoot anyone on (unless they're a demo or jump happy soldier); since it is pretty tall.

Aug 23, 2008
Don't think I didn't see that thanks, Scorpio! Fuck you!!!

All I'm sayin is medics don't want to ever be down in that valley without significant support. Adding a way up to the middle point makes it much easier for me to reconnect with my rocket jumpy buddies, as well as making me much more likely to utilize other paths beside the mountain.

Sel

Banned
Feb 18, 2009
I love that sentry spot, it's not like it's difficult to take out anyway :S

Shmitz

Old Hat
aa
Nov 12, 2007
In 6v6 it's really easy to take out if you know it's there. If the enemy team has an engy, the potential for there to be a sentry there means your team will need to be more cautious going in, so it has defensive value even when there's not actually a sentry there.

In 12v12, I did see that it was getting a lot of support for players coming from spawn though. It's something I'll keep in mind as I try to figure out a way to make 12v12 less stalematey.

Shmitz

Old Hat
aa
Nov 12, 2007

ALPHA 10
* Fixed weapons collision on rocks outside of spawns.
* Fixed clipping under main track bridge by spawns.
* Reduced spawn time changes for 19+ players.
* Added/increased health kits with 19+ players.

[DOWNLOAD]

If this plays decently with a full 12v12, I think it'll be time to do a full detail pass and push it into beta.

Psy

The Imp Queen
aa
Apr 9, 2008
So what method have you used for detecting the number of players?