Deliverance

Deliverance b3

sniprpenguin

L6: Sharp Member
Mar 14, 2008
Meant to bring this up awhile ago (When the prelims started), but I've got a few complaints.

Mind you, this was done in a 4v4 pub, meaning cap crits on.

We found that it was altogether too easy for a scout to grab the flag and then use the uppermost path (by the rocks, jumps straight down in front of the flag) to cap the flag, especially since a scout could double-jump onto the cap platform itself. The only way to stop them was to build a sentry on the ledge behind the rock up there, in which the sentry basically became impregnable with even a half-decent engie. If that route was really meant to be as short as it is, then it needs to be harder to get to it than it currently is.

I mean, using that route, with normal cap-crits on, a scout could cap the flag, return to the flagspawn, and go back to cap it again without losing the crits. This should definitely be changed for pubplay.

On a good note, this would make a fantastic KOTH map.

Shmitz

Old Hat
aa
Nov 12, 2007
I appreciate the feedback, but what you're describing is actually impossible for a single scout. I've timed the run from flag to capture multiple times, using that route, and it's never been under 10 seconds, which incidentally is the default crit boost time.

With two scouts rotating, it may be a fair point, but crit-boost will be disabled in all future versions of the map. Additionally, a demoman can easily lock down that entrance with some stickies on the rock, and if the combo is on the platform, a scout, all by himself, is going to have a hard time getting past them. Maybe those options aren't that feasible for 4v4, but I'm really only concerned with 6v6 and up.

I have given a little bit of thought to a koth version, but I don't plan on making a go at it until I at least get to RC with CTF.

sniprpenguin

L6: Sharp Member
Mar 14, 2008
I prefaced with the 4v4 stuff because it was exactly that, and I wasn't sure if you still had the player-scaling options still in or not. But that route was still overpowered in our playtime of it. I'll have to retry it in a bigger match.

Just trying to help, is all.

kaelan002

L1: Registered
Apr 27, 2011
Hello im a member of the UKCS community, just a note to let you know we recently tested your map, if you would like to read our feedback, please see this page.

Wilson

Boomer by Sleep
aa
May 4, 2010
Goddamn it kaelan, you made it yell SHMITZ IS BACK out loud and i was deeply disappointed when i open the thread.

grazr

Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle
aa
Mar 4, 2008
The link is broken (invalid thread topic) and unless Shmitz subscribed to this thread in order to get email notifications, lets just say he isn't an active member in these parts anymore.