Contest idea thread!

Discussion in 'Contests' started by FaTony, Oct 8, 2008.

1. Sir_Metaladon

Sir_Metaladon L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    I specified "Not Valve" because there's already lots of resources (templates) for making those "untradtional" gamemodes floating around, but what I was looking for was more of an "Innovation within Hammer" contest, revolving around gamemodes. Hence, allowing Valve game-modes would lead to a slew of new Watergates and Doomsdays, not fully new modes like, say, a 4 CP map.

I am technically looking for more innovative map gamemodes similar to Watergate, Doomsday, Standin, Byre, Powerhouse, and so forth, but I don't just want copies of those map's logic. I want people to take Valve's I/O system, and use it to create somthing totally new!

• Like Like x 2
  2. HolySnickerPuffs

aa HolySnickerPuffs Bad at TF2, Loves Mapping For TF2

Positive Ratings:
    How about a April Fools contest? Make an April Fools map of any standard gamemode (no VSH, Jump, or DB), and the most fun, original, and hilarious map wins!

Edit : Challenge Mode - No KOTH maps.

3. Micnax

aa Micnax I maek map

Positive Ratings:
    I'd really like to see another serious 72hr mapping contest, rather than a jam. Just to push the limits of what people can do.

We usually have something like that for fun on April Fools though. An unofficial mini-contest would be fun though (like what Crash does)

• Agree Agree x 2