WiP in WiP, post your screenshots!

BanaFen

L1: Registered
Jan 3, 2017
Progress on what will be my first map. The payload goes down the ramp, toward the fences. My goals are to have options for every class at any given time, to not have obvious sniper/building spots, and to make the aesthetic depressing as hell.

The area will feature more cover from sight lines in general and a high ground for Red where the two tall, white boxes are. The trench will be the main flank route, featuring an exit to both team's territories.

add562c2fc.png

04345d8870.png

44d5e2f01c.png

a41db2f2c1.png

Flipy

I like foxes
aa
Jul 20, 2016
been updating my pass map and trying to fix some things when I found an oddity with the trigger_catapult

I had two on each side of the buildings in mid and them to launch to the opposite building, but the launch was sending players too fast for my taste so I lowered the player speed property from 450 to 300. Well now the catapult was launching them higher and farther than I wanted. I tried a larger number and set the player speed to 1000, resulting in almost no launch at all.

That was really weird. Also does anybody know how to get the hud for tracking the ball working? pass_template has nothing for it and the developer wiki only mentions using a track train with some triggers creating 'zones' that the ball can be in, but they also state that it isnt even used in any of the current functional maps and can cause issues easily. Hell I read somewhere that even setting sections in pass_master would cause crashing. Tried looking around some of the current maps and couldn't find anything myself either.

Oh and I changed around last so people didn't rush tunnels so often.

8YtgqNX.jpg

Bull

L4: Comfortable Member
Aug 30, 2011
School finally got off my butt so I had some time to map again! Not a ton of progress but it's quite a lot of fun

JXoDoZH.jpg

4lolLRX.jpg

ZszU4sU.jpg

Nov 13, 2015
that underground place in dewm you end up in if you are too clumsy, was thinking it would be cool to have big metal sheets nailed to the skull and attached to the wall, then lava coming out from the mouth eyes and nose,

not sure what to do with the path, it will probably be rocks,

0641654FE9CEB799F504C9684CCD717D0815C2E0

Infomaniac

L6: Sharp Member
Nov 29, 2015
wbJzBU2.png

cp_italia in the works
EDIT : The vine was hidden

Last edited:
Sep 28, 2016
I decided to redesign the point on koth_dam since the previous version wasn't much fun to play on. Any thoughts on these preliminary changes?
20170203161851_1.jpg

20170203161657_1.jpg
20170203161720_1.jpg

hutty

aa
Mar 30, 2014
T4uqyNV.png

The hexagon map wasn't working out layout wise, i'm shifting the sector_control over to a port of cp_tearinair, seeing as the map was basically built for the gamemode in the first place.

The texture choices are for quick coloration, they will change eventually.

Asd417

Sample Text
aa
Mar 20, 2016
1.PNG

The map name is currently pl_elevationtest. This is probably the most vertically varied map I've worked on so far.
3.PNG

The cart track rolls around like this.
2.PNG

4.PNG

another flank area and a sentry nest
5.PNG

the 'second' floor

I hope this layout works

Attachments

• 1.PNG
    1.PNG
    1.6 MB · Views: 137
  • 2.PNG
    2.PNG
    1.3 MB · Views: 137
  • 3.PNG
    3.PNG
    1.5 MB · Views: 142

Flipy

I like foxes
aa
Jul 20, 2016
I've been fighting with an idea for the past couple of days and testing it around in game.

Simply put, each team has a generator with 3 'lives'. Destroy one, another one will come up but with more hp (There is a reason for the 3 lives but id rather not share yet). In front of the generator is a gate, enemies can capture the area around the generator to disable the gate, and defenders can capture it back to close the gate again.

Pretty much everything is working so far https://gfycat.com/HauntingInsecureFritillarybutterfly except for one issue. I cannot get the cap to revert to being owned by the defenders after a generator is destroyed. Setting the owner doesn't work, trying have completely different capture points enable wasn't working (and was making things really messy). So hey if anyone has any ideas Im all ears.

Also if anyone has a clever way to have a game_text show a func_breakables health, that would be a good help

Flipy

I like foxes
aa
Jul 20, 2016
I actually just found out the issue.

I was using SetOwner for red team, but it was on the generator's func_breakable inside breaking. I assumed that would work since every other output that got activated on the break was working fine. I tried on a whim to have a different part of my setup (a specific track_train teleporting to a point) and had that activate it instead. Voila its all working well now.

Also went ahead and added an explosion, might find a better one later
https://gfycat.com/OpenGracefulAustralianfurseal

Last thing I need to do is have a visual indicator of the func_breakable's health

Last edited:

Crowbar

Spiritual preprocessor
aa
Dec 19, 2015
So... Is it just a room with prop spam inside and outside?

EDIT: User was warned for this post. Please be civil and constructive with criticism.

Last edited by a moderator:

Void

Local Man Unable To Map, Sources Say
aa
Sep 14, 2008
So... Is it just a room with prop spam inside and outside?

It's practice. Rome wasn't built in a day, and it sure as hell wasn't built any faster through condescending comments.

I like the gradient denseness of the outside foliage, but it lacks something to pull the two areas together, and the textures chosen for the inside are a bit all over the place - try thinking in a way of "what materials are used together in reality?" As of right now, you have two different wall textures that don't fit too well side-by-side, a concrete floor, and a more uniform concrete ceiling.

It can all work in the end, it just needs more practice.

Yrr

An Actual Deer
aa
Sep 20, 2015
he just rotated the player spawns, same deal as various_artists only this time he did it intentionally