WiP in WiP, post your screenshots!

hutty

aa
Mar 30, 2014
I am using a math counter, theres a noise for every tick on the counter (currently set to 3 ticks at 0.25 seconds each)

Jul 26, 2015
mihDQQ7.gif

I heard TF2 only supports 6-8 control points. Its a shame I need, like, 150 of them.

Splatoon?

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
I was just thinking, Splatoon is basically just domination mode where every pixel of the ground is its own insta-cap control point.

*sigh* If Valve were still releasing their source code to all their games, we could have banged out a full-blown Splatoon clone by now using the multiplayer code from TF2 and the gel code from Portal 2.

Aug 30, 2015
If the extent of the gamemode involves standing on hexagons, the Player Destruction HUD might work

hutty

aa
Mar 30, 2014
The gamemode is sector_control there is a cluster of hexagons in each area of the map, if your team owns all of them then you own the sector. Healthpacks in a red owned sector are only pickup-able by the red team. Same for blue. I'm also going to include some special pickups for each sector that grant other buffs (minicrits, invisibility, ect.

The map has no symmetry too it. The spawn room will be a series of teleporters(not the engie kind) to the spawn rooms of sectors your team owns.

And of course, if it works out a port of hydro is planned.

hutty

aa
Mar 30, 2014
I'm not sure how to approach the hud part of this yet. Ideally I find a way to show each hex on a mini map, I'm not sure thats possible though.

Vel0city

func_fish
aa
Dec 6, 2014
The gamemode is sector_control there is a cluster of hexagons in each area of the map, if your team owns all of them then you own the sector. Healthpacks in a red owned sector are only pickup-able by the red team. Same for blue. I'm also going to include some special pickups for each sector that grant other buffs (minicrits, invisibility, ect.

The map has no symmetry too it. The spawn room will be a series of teleporters(not the engie kind) to the spawn rooms of sectors your team owns.

And of course, if it works out a port of hydro is planned.
Hydro as sector control.

Yes please.

L2: Junior Member
Aug 11, 2013
Collecting / creating various stuff for a steampunk pack. Found 0 gear models so I decided to make one, first time using Blender (why is it so hard).

I38ApEu.png

also this thingy spins around

Now I just have to figure out the process of porting it to Source.

LeSwordfish

semi-trained quasi-professional
aa
Aug 8, 2010

Tumby

aa
May 12, 2013
Collecting / creating various stuff for a steampunk pack. Found 0 gear models so I decided to make one, first time using Blender (why is it so hard).

I38ApEu.png

also this thingy spins around

Now I just have to figure out the process of porting it to Source.
You can just generate a gear mesh if you haven't figured that out. You simply need to enable an addon for advanced meshes.

Crash

func_nerd
aa
Mar 1, 2010
You might want to find some way of preventing a player from grabbing the jack by simply standing directly above the spawn point.

Ooh ooh, you could have something shoot up out of the ground just before it pops out that it launches from, like a big cannon barrel or something, and have that knock the players back with an impulse! Could be neat.

hutty

aa
Mar 30, 2014
Maybe if the gamemode actually works, for now the edict count is manageable, its only slightly worse than a multi stage payload race.

Flipy

I like foxes
aa
Jul 20, 2016
You might want to find some way of preventing a player from grabbing the jack by simply standing directly above the spawn point.

People managed to break it by standing on it, so im going to use the explosion it makes as an excuse to knock everyone near it back

Vel0city

func_fish
aa
Dec 6, 2014
People managed to break it by standing on it, so im going to use the explosion it makes as an excuse to knock everyone near it back
Play the Loose Cannon thwomp noise when it fires too. That way the pushback is justified.