WiP in WiP, post your screenshots!

zahndah

professional letter
aa
Jul 4, 2015
I am trying to do that thing where you make an alpha map that doesnt look terrible.
cp_weebs_a10002.jpg
cp_weebs_a10003.jpg
cp_weebs_a10004.jpg

Im not fond of the supports, they are too frequent. Other than that i am pretty happy with it.

Edit: Im also proud of the map name :B1: try find it.

Last edited:
S

saph

I am trying to do that thing where you make an alpha map that doesnt look terrible.
- screenshots snip -
Im not fond of the supports, they are too frequent. Other than that i am pretty happy with it.

For the first screenshot, the grates and the material on the barrier (right of the door) look weird. I think grates look weird because it's normally on the floor, so it's probably just me and my stupid preferences. The texture on the barrier probably looks weird due to the perspective.
Once again, in the second screenshot, I dislike the texture for the doorway. It blocks most vision, so you might want to scale it up or find one that reveals more behind it. Other than that, you might want to use a brighter texture to add contrast between the supports and walls. Overall, I love the look of that work. The geometry is spot-on, but that point will suck for when you blockbullet around it (for the splash damage bug). I'd probably brighten up the point to draw attention to it more, but it's probably my dark screen.
For the third screenshot, it's all vertical and horizontal. You might want to vary the lengths or heights of the pillars, or break it up with more negative space and diagonal supports. Once again, you see a texture being repeats, so maybe using negative space would be better. The similar tones between the grate and supports could be contrasted with the supports and the white diamond plating texture (imetal003, I believe).

I love it Zahn, just maybe change things up a bit and add some variance. Good luck with your work!

zahndah

professional letter
aa
Jul 4, 2015
but that point will suck for when you blockbullet around it (for the splash damage bug).

I already have :B1: I used a cone with the same amount of sides, scaled it (with select tool) to be the correct ratio then clipped off the top to be flat.

I do agree with you about the grate texture on walls really. It does look a tad odd now that you have mentioned that.

I'm going to remove half of the supports (or more) and see how it looks then, should be a lot less noisy and look a lot better overall then.

Thanks for the feedback on it, probably wouldn't have changed these things otherwise.

RataDeOrdenador

L5: Dapper Member
Oct 12, 2015
5MWXYTR.jpg

EWqhphR.jpg

rdCxfgV.jpg

kUQoO0T.jpg

QWam9sA.jpg

erTVbHd.jpg

Gotta fix some lights here and there,but this map is taking shape. I still have like 5-6 maps on my pocket. I should work a little bit with all of them... But I'm really enjoying working on this one. I still have to think how am I going to make second and mid,and how am I going to connect all the CP. BUT HEY! I'll solve the problem when I get there. Probably.

Jul 26, 2015
cp_weebs_a10002.jpg
cp_weebs_a10003.jpg
cp_weebs_a10004.jpg

Health and ammo in a planter--that's a bold strategy, let's see how it plays out.

S

saph

I revived an old map name, but restarted the actual layout. I like the style I was going for and I was designing this payload for smaller teams, but right now, I oversimplified the layout. There's not enough space to extend the map and there's very few flanks. I'm probably going to scrap everything but the outside part and also keep the track layout.
This was made in a few hours last night and touched up a little today.
Pq3pUWy.jpg

AYB9z5k.jpg

2xkeyWY.jpg

Cytosolic

L5: Dapper Member
May 1, 2015
Possibly, sorta, new gamemode incoming.

GritGamemodeTeaser.png

There's a possibility you won't guess what it is.

ades

L4: Comfortable Member
Jun 27, 2014
cp_weebs_a10002.jpg
cp_weebs_a10003.jpg
cp_weebs_a10004.jpg

Edit: Im also proud of the map name :B1: try find it.
This looks really neat can't wait to see what you do with this

Aug 30, 2015
Steelpit with two final control points? That sounds crazy, crazy enough... to work

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
Wouldn't that just be 5cp? Minus 3 cps?
"Single-round TC" to me suggests having every point and route open simultaneously, and having to somehow capture every single point. So basically Domination.

I'm surprised no one has tried that.

Jul 6, 2015
"Single-round TC" to me suggests having every point and route open simultaneously, and having to somehow capture every single point. So basically Domination.

I'm surprised no one has tried that.
I'm assuming for the same reason people dont think CTF goes well with TF2, domination as a gamemode is fine, but in TF2 it might not play out very well.

Zloykotara

L1: Registered
Jul 21, 2015
Detailing a buillding.

Attachments

• 20160727194052_1.jpg
    20160727194052_1.jpg
    176.1 KB · Views: 207
  • 20160727194412_1.jpg
    20160727194412_1.jpg
    283.2 KB · Views: 206
  • 20160727194429_1.jpg
    20160727194429_1.jpg
    238.7 KB · Views: 224

TMB

Banned
Jun 7, 2015
I'm gonna make a new version of ixem, im gonna finish this map someday?

Attachments

• ixem.png
    ixem.png
    392.2 KB · Views: 239