WiP in WiP, post your screenshots!

Empyre

L6: Sharp Member
Feb 8, 2011
Why should you have to worry about identifying your teammates, you ain't gon have any there. It's eitha ya or ya enemy!

Not like you'd need to worry about your enemies identifying you, they're all computers anyways

Oh, this is a MVM map? You didn't say so before.

hutty

aa
Mar 30, 2014
meanwhile ... in my mad science division ...
cCjxvuZ.png

(yes ... I know it still has red logos ... this is wip)

Last edited:

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
I was going to say why can't you just modify the regular BLU shipping container texture, but then I looked them up and discovered that the miniature crate has its own, much higher resolution texture. Interesting.

Mar 23, 2013
meanwhile ... in my mad science division ...
cCjxvuZ.png

(yes ... I know it still has red logos ... this is wip)

If that is just the offical container model cut in half, then you could have used the offical texture file so you don't have to pack a custom one, saving some file size.

hutty

aa
Mar 30, 2014
cratepromoshot_7uJ.jpg

done!

The model is similar, but different from the flat bed containers. And the texture is twice as big. Regardless, I used the blue flatbed texture for the hue, and left the shading to the existing red crate container texture. Then I smudged out the red logos and popped on some blu ones.

This was my first time dealing with source model compiling, so this is a slightly bigger deal for me.

You guys can download it from here http://forums.tf2maps.net/downloads.php?do=file&id=6177

I also included the gimp .xcf file If anyone wanted to make a green version or something.

Empyre

L6: Sharp Member
Feb 8, 2011
MVM? Hah!

From what you've said, you have no team mates, and your opponents are all computers, and it is not MVM. I'm thinking that it is single-player and not TF2 at all.

Last edited:
Oct 6, 2008
Oct 6, 2008
^^^^ cloaked spy holding smg which is giving away his positon

Moonrat

nothing left
aa
Jul 30, 2014
From what you've said, you have no team mates, and your opponents are all computers, and it is not MVM. I'm thinking that it is single-player and not TF2 at all.

It's TF2, just not anything most people are used to. Having friend is something we all generally want from TF2, but maybe something a bit more story driven with less real people may be cool to try.

worMatty

Repacking Evangelist
aa
Jul 22, 2014
Those screenshots you posted, Moonrat, look like Zombie Fortress or Slender Fortress, to me.

Zed

Certified Most Crunk™
aa
Aug 7, 2014
Because they could, Psy. Because they could.

worMatty

Repacking Evangelist
aa
Jul 22, 2014
Slender Fortress is actually a very clever mod of TF2. It uses dark maps with player flashlights. Players can sprint for a short time to escape. Their voice commands attract the monsters. Voice chat only works when you are in close range to a fellow player. It's technically quite clever and the gameplay is very different. The maps and monsters, when done properly, use good horror mechanics. It has to be played properly, though, for the real enjoyment. Which means no messing around.

Moonrat

nothing left
aa
Jul 30, 2014
Holy my ass, that is purty!

Seeing Sawmill's theme is always good, Sawmill is one of my favorite maps for TF2.