1iUIzzS.jpg

koth map I'm working on as a memorial for the cp map that I accidently deleted

Looks huge

ProselyteCanti

L2: Junior Member
Mar 27, 2014
yBpA2nL.jpg

Oct 6, 2008
Ok - here's my new skybox - it rotates like the one in facing worlds - really gives me vertigo - lol
lh_domekytest00001.jpg

Apr 14, 2013
Here's a layout of an idea I had that will probably never hit a1 in the next 2-3 months.
sd_0100_zpszkwbycxz.jpg

Blue- Blu's side. Yellow- rocket courtyard. Brown- australium room (underground), Red- duplicated & mirrored Blu side.

sd_0097_zpsizqu29es.jpg

It's and sd map, meant to be very similar to doomsday, or, if you would- fix doomsday!
Here's what I thought of:
In doomsday, it's really hard to get on the elevator once it started accending.
My idea for the elevator design of moving diagonally- up and forward will offer a better chance of participating in killing or protecting the australium carrier on the elevator, or joining him on his way up after the elevator started accending.
Really short elevator path ensures no more hightower/doomsday-esque stalemates.
Spawn location closer to the australium than to the rocket hopefully helps to make the near-spawn areas (like the one on doomsday) more useful.
snipers.jpg

^^ these areas.

The traditional sniper balcony from doomsday just got even more separated from the world, being on the other side of the deathpit, only accessible by teammates, or explosive jumps. I planned this feature as a joke, but it might actually work...

I will be happy to hear some opinions!

Last edited:

Bull

L4: Comfortable Member
Aug 30, 2011
Sounds really interesting. I think SD really deserves some better maps, and this idea seems worthy enough! I'd say give it a shot!

Berry

resident homo
aa
Dec 27, 2012
I'm not crazy about your sniper balcony though, the #1 counter to snipers is when people get in close range and when there's a big deathpit between you and your enemies you're kind of at a big advantage as a sniper, especially when you have views over one of the main areas.

Zed

Certified Most Crunk™
aa
Aug 7, 2014
I'd say add some sort of jump for the enemy team to make it up there.

And perhaps a route the enemy spawn area outside of the gates.

Izotope

Sourcerer
aa
May 13, 2013
I thought about the same elevator thing to fix my map sd_haleharbor lel

UKCS-Alias

Mann vs Machine... or... Mapper vs Meta?
aa
Sep 8, 2008
I'm not crazy about your sniper balcony though, the #1 counter to snipers is when people get in close range and when there's a big deathpit between you and your enemies you're kind of at a big advantage as a sniper, especially when you have views over one of the main areas.
While in this case at the same time you create a 2fort situation. Sniper vs sniper is constantly relevant and will be quite distracting.

But yes, 2fort isnt a good example for balancing snipers. So in this case it will probably end the same. Sniper spam meaning the lift still gets alot of shots.

If snipers need a specific focus area i would recommend the australium area more for it. When placed well you can even prevent the snipers from directly aiming at the lift and promote fighting each other even more.

Berry

resident homo
aa
Dec 27, 2012
b66d98b49b.jpg

Check if pigs are flying cos Berry is finishing a map :thumbup1: I'm making a pact with myself to not releasing any more alphas until I have a map finished.

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
In doomsday, it's really hard to get on the elevator once it started accending.
I'm not convinced this is a bad thing; it's already often hard enough to get all the way up without being killed or knocked off or something, which leads to drawn-out stalemates. Making it easier to reset progress would only make this worse.

wareya

L420: High Member
Jun 17, 2012
It's a bad thing because of the layout of the elevator. Attackers will be coming from the elevator area, and attacks going from other places will split the attack up into small units that are easy to manage without ignoring the elevator. Defenders will already be set up on all the highground. Being hard to get on the elevator just makes it hard to keep the cap going.

Bull

L4: Comfortable Member
Aug 30, 2011
Wrapping up Alpha2:

jwd46vq.jpg

CJSU960.jpg