Jun 9, 2009
Those are way rad

EArkham

Necromancer
aa
Aug 14, 2009
NEW and FUN screenshots from felgen:
4YpXthN.jpg

I doubt I will continue the development of ctf_felgen, since it has been reduced to a chore for me, especially since I have no chance reaching the deadline

The progress is looking really great though. You shouldn't give up. If the grace period is a solid seven day week, you'll have until 7 pm EST on Monday to work on it.

Sheltr

L3: Member
Feb 24, 2011
Been working on this map some more. I re-did the whole capture point due to the last ones layout being silly and rushed. So I did this last night.
281e654a60.jpg

0b9b45bc7f.jpg

e60044b7b9.jpg

Not so sure If I like that connector or not.

Acadium

Playtest Extraordinaire
Apr 20, 2013
Those pictures feel a tad bit red. Maybe add some more blue/green to the lighting? Considering the buildings, ground and walls are all red...

phi

aa
Nov 6, 2011
Yeah your light_env is really really orange, you can get across the same desert feel with more neutral lighting I promise. Just make it more white/yellow and more neutral rather than it being so red. Isn't very interesting to look at, and with every structure being brown/orange/red it tends to wash the colors together. Experiment with dissonant lighting, try colors other than orange lighting. Whites, yellows, very bright blues, etc. Create an interesting-to-look-at map by not washing it all one color.

Conversely, consider adding props/brushwork/textures that utilize various colors other than red to vary up your scene. Blue-grey metal structures, blue barrels, metal rooves or structures that are grey-ish, or concrete white structures help vary up the colors a bit. Consider looking at maps such as Badlands or Ravine to see examples of color variation within the desert theme.

Additionally, within your heavily orange light_env, that yellow light over your control point in the second picture ends up looking a sickly shade of puke green. It's dissonant, but not really in a cohesive or pleasurable way.

hutty

aa
Mar 30, 2014
SVMlLoq.jpg

a͟rins a̷ ̵5̷ a͠p͟ ̸w͢i͞n̢ ̷iest́i̡n͡gt. ͠Th̛e̸ ͜d̡lé whil̴es̷ ánd͡ ̸ŗȩd̀'̴şct̵ive la͟st̷i̴nts ̴l̵ocke͏d͏ l҉ ̛th͏e͏y h̢e̶ l͘a͞śt nt ̵st̨ańdi̡n҉g̛ę ̛th͟r҉e͡e mi͞d͜ poa̢n͜ b͟e͟ c҉a̴pped ̕a͢n̛y orde̶ŕ. too cng͜i͘n͝k ̸a̛b̕om̴ ͘a̶ 5͝ ͞cn͡d̵ṕoinin͘g̨ ̷aboi̴t̵ a̶s͝ ̴s͝di̡n̴g̴ ̀h̵ b̵aç ̕po

Fruity Snacks

Creator of blackholes & memes. Destroyer of forums
aa
Sep 5, 2010
SVMlLoq.jpg

a͟rins a̷ ̵5̷ a͠p͟ ̸w͢i͞n̢ ̷iest́i̡n͡gt. ͠Th̛e̸ ͜d̡lé whil̴es̷ ánd͡ ̸ŗȩd̀'̴şct̵ive la͟st̷i̴nts ̴l̵ocke͏d͏ l҉ ̛th͏e͏y h̢e̶ l͘a͞śt nt ̵st̨ańdi̡n҉g̛ę ̛th͟r҉e͡e mi͞d͜ poa̢n͜ b͟e͟ c҉a̴pped ̕a͢n̛y orde̶ŕ. too cng͜i͘n͝k ̸a̛b̕om̴ ͘a̶ 5͝ ͞cn͡d̵ṕoinin͘g̨ ̷aboi̴t̵ a̶s͝ ̴s͝di̡n̴g̴ ̀h̵ b̵aç ̕po

Looks like something out of the Binding of Isaac.

Are you Ed?

Oct 6, 2008
Thinking of doing a space stattioned theme payload map - this would be a coneection tunnel in various places throughout the station:

dome0000.jpg

RubbishyUser

L7: Fancy Member
Feb 17, 2013
I feel like those platforms should either be circular, or nearer to circular with far more sides, or more angular, with only 4 sides or something. That sort of thing never looks amazing in TF2 because those sorts of textures are associated with rectangular paneling in real life, not round things. Also, there's the element that that sort of tunnel doesn't really make any sense for a space station: if it's a "green patch", why make it so small and placed between two completely utilitarian areas - not to mention the lack of really interesting plant-life; if it's just a connector, why risk tripping over or getting your space wheels stuck with your stepping stone system.

Also, I'm not convinced by having plastered concrete walls in a space station - that's awfully heavy and expensive to set up and bring from earth. Wood would honestly make more sense, as you could at least grow it at your moonbase. It might serve you well to see what space station textures Valve gives you when they start detailing the inside of rd_asteroid, and focusing on the shape and playability by using dev textures.