WiP in WiP, post your screenshots!

Janeator

L2: Junior Member
Dec 12, 2012
So, here it goes, first screen of my KotH map, with a 90% better design than the previous one, by far (at least i think so). Don't caomplain about it having no skybox yet. It also has no detailing / clips n stuff. And a few pootis are searching for sandviches.

4HFE0.jpg

Trying to finish the basics so i can test it (you too) on a gameday. And yeah i don't use any dev textures, you may want to complain about that. So sizes might be a bit wrong.

EDIT: Ok, sorry about the giant image, no idea how to thumbnail it

Last edited:
Oct 6, 2008
I thought of that too, but decided against that because it leads to a single spawn exit problem.

just saw YM's post - two on the same planet... you could due the teleport bothways with them allowing players to warp one side to other and vice versa

Arne

L3: Member
Nov 22, 2012

Tf2maps.net have a code which automatically creates thumbnails for the pictures which have a size bigger than the forum posts. (Depends alot which screen resulation you got.)

Btw. I can't spell.

Fish 2.0

L6: Sharp Member
Nov 22, 2012
So, here it goes, first screen of my KotH map, with a 90% better design than the previous one, by far (at least i think so). Don't caomplain about it having no skybox yet. It also has no detailing / clips n stuff. And a few pootis are searching for sandviches.

4HFE0.jpg

Trying to finish the basics so i can test it (you too) on a gameday. And yeah i don't use any dev textures, you may want to complain about that. So sizes might be a bit wrong.

Looks interesting. Is there going to be a floor under that point? Because if not, pyros will likely dominate it as is.

GPuzzle

L9: Fashionable Member
Feb 27, 2012
Eyce, that looks amazingly sweet.

Janeator

Dec 12, 2012
Looks interesting. Is there going to be a floor under that point? Because if not, pyros will likely dominate it as is.

If there is going to be a floor, the point is probably much too high and it would be much too difficult to get back up if you fell off. If there isn't going to be a floor, and that's going to be a deathpit, I can guarantee you the point will be impossible to cap.

Of course there will be one. I said it on the steam group chat sorry. There will be a dirt floor (displacement) which height will increase at the poin, anyway i don't think you'll be able to go up there without the ramps unless you're a doublejump (maybe even triplejump) scout. So, at all, the central zone needs to be worked, adding some defenses too or it'll be a sniper fest. So, ik that :)

tyler

aa
Sep 11, 2013
That might just be because of the way you spawned it. Let a pop file make it. You have path tracks and a nav built, right? They need a nav.

Idolon

they/them
aa
Feb 7, 2008
My guess is that you spawned a tank without defining a path, meaning the tank wanted to head straight to the hole. In the pop file, you need to define which path the tank should use, and I'm guessing this is what happens if you don't.

Janeator

Dec 12, 2012
I started making my displacement floor :) damn it progresses slow, i expect to finish (will need improvement + detail props) in 1 week or maybe, maybe, less.