WiP in WiP, post your screenshots!

Ælement

I'm so happy :D
aa
Dec 21, 2010
Am I making progress?
2013-01-04_00001.jpg

Those cliffs look weird as hell. Make the textures bigger, and remove the patches on the middle of the cliffside.

phi

aa
Nov 6, 2011
Those cliffs look weird as hell. Make the textures bigger, and remove the patches on the middle of the cliffside.
What you're probably seeing is unaligned textures (which end up repeating themselves right next to each other sometimes). And yeah I'll turn the cliff texture up to .5, forgot to do that before the compile.

Mar 23, 2010
stargates dont exist yet fyi

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
The lights are coming from a lights texture, I cant tune them down without scaling the texture, which either results in too bright or too dark. Im only using these because I like how they look in 2fort

You can still fix that by messing with the tonemap controller. For some reason, the default tonemap settings are pretty much crap. Also, be sure to compile with the -staticproppolys option when you think you're done; right now I can tell that you're not because of the lighting on that one angled duct piece.

phi

aa
Nov 6, 2011
Alternatively use the nice looking gray cliff texture that nobody uses instead of the ugly one thats on every map.

Tarry I'm positive that this is the texture you're referring to but I'm not sure if I like it
notsure.png

If it isn't then well that's awkward
If it is then it feels a little too smooth and straight

tyler

aa
Sep 11, 2013
Tarry I'm positive that this is the texture you're referring to but I'm not sure if I like it
notsure.png

If it isn't then well that's awkward
If it is then it feels a little too smooth and straight

That looks way better than the Mtn Lab one

Last edited by a moderator:

Seba

DR. BIG FUCKER, PHD
aa
Jun 9, 2009
Worldportals in the TF2 engine would make for some sick maps.

re1wind

aa
Aug 12, 2009
older/other source engines (HL2) do have the option of using a camera and a block entity as a camera and monitor, which when used with teleport gave a good approximation, but tf2 doesn't have that ability and i wouldn't want to know the performance costs involved.