WiP in WiP, post your screenshots!

Arne

L3: Member
Nov 22, 2012
Just doing some experiments with -staticproppolys and a entity brush.

1vlwo.jpg

tyler

aa
Sep 11, 2013
1KEEY

I foresee these rails being fucking annoying

1KEFv

Make this have more woodgrain and maybe give it a wood border like the ones in the bulletcrops pack. I bet you can steal the texture from the back of the cow model

Last edited by a moderator:

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
1KEFv

Make this have more woodgrain and maybe give it a wood border like the ones in the bulletcrops pack. I bet you can steal the texture from the back of the cow model
You can't. It's not a whole rectangle of woodgrain; it's in the shape of the cow. I checked when he first started talking about making that prop.

WolfKit

L3: Member
Jun 26, 2012
The front of the cow doesn't have any visible wood grain either. I used one of the wood grain silo facade textures for the brush strokes on the front of the buffalo.
The cow does have a fair amount of wood grain on the back but it wasn't set up nicely for me to steal it so I used a wood beam texture instead.
The cow does have some paint on the edges of the cutout, as if it was sloppily painted after being cut out. I'm going to do that too.
The bulletcorps cutouts followed a different design direction, they look like an artist made them as something people would buy, whereas the cow looks like something quickly thrown together by Mann Co, and that is where I am trying to go with my buffalo.

Nightwatch, I don't like your lights. In my mind that type of light goes on the floor (can be walked on), maybe on the ceiling, but never on the wall.

Mar 23, 2010
i see medic thornberry

Janeator

L2: Junior Member
Dec 12, 2012
It looks cool! Personally, i'd add some more cover to the point on its sides, and make the 'birdhouse' entrance higher for rocketjumping soldiers (Note i have no idea about rocketjumping so it might be easy as it is now). Can't tell anything more about that tree from this screen, but pyros might be overpowered there.

Fish 2.0

L6: Sharp Member
Nov 22, 2012
It looks cool! Personally, i'd add some more cover to the point on its sides, and make the 'birdhouse' entrance higher for rocketjumping soldiers (Note i have no idea about rocketjumping so it might be easy as it is now). Can't tell anything more about that tree from this screen, but pyros might be overpowered there.

It doesn't need to be any higher for RJ.

Oct 6, 2008

put in a verticle water trexture to mimic the warp gate being 'on' then,

inside the spawn rooms build another doing the same thing -

whenyou exit the spawn you do it via the warpgate use a teleporter to take you into a warp tunnel using a func_conveyor and no_grav so you can't walk anywhere when you get to the end you hit another eleporter conveyor thing to throw you out the exit and into the game. the exit can throw you out at random angles :)