WiP in WiP, post your screenshots!

Arne

L3: Member
Nov 22, 2012
uh oh, instanced displacements!
(they may or may not look completely different once you compile that thing)

It's not a double-sided displacement. But when I tested it for first time I got stuck into the displacement wall and top. But I fixed it but raising the top and smoothing the side and lastly adding a playerclip to it.

No errors or something wrong. Works fine. I got pictures in case you want to see them. Dropbox Gallery

Btw. It's a custom texture, from the construction pack.

fubarFX

The "raw" in "nodraw"
aa
Jun 1, 2009
what he means is displacements will often take random shapes when instances are compiled. you might want to collapse all instances before every compile. it's okay if you got lucky and this one works fine but you've been warned. keep an eye on those

Blade x64

Logical insanity
aa
Sep 3, 2009
For some weird reason instances invert displacements. So if you had a hill before, it will now be a valley.

GPuzzle

L9: Fashionable Member
Feb 27, 2012
Idolon, if you have divided by zero, I'll go to your home, get a bat, and hit you until you're dead.
Or maybe it's just Source being Source.

Jan 8, 2011
While we're posting bad maps, here's point A of the map I'm working on.
V02Wd.jpg

65Gcl.jpg

sNOV7.jpg

It looks pretty spammy and open, and it is, but a lot of the key sightlines are cut off. I haven't placed much health/ammo yet, and I haven't done many signs either, but it's on its way. This point is meant to be a bit dreary and spammy, but the gameplay changes after A is captured and the cart goes outside. Things suddenly get colorful, and the map becomes more sprawled out.

Arne

L3: Member
Nov 22, 2012
A6cuE.jpg

A wip. Really.

Oh well it's gonna be a CTF map. I haven't decided the name yet. So it got the placeholder name "2bunker".

EDIT: After about 14 hours of making this map. I realized that the map was overscaled. FML!

Last edited: