WiP in WiP, post your screenshots!

xzzy

aa
Jan 30, 2010
My only suggestion would be if you're going to make a spire, do it proper and use the badlands spire.. or a displacemenet facsimile thereof. I guess if you have a theme in progress it might just be waiting for detailing making my suggestion worthless, but the 10 sided cylinder really isn't cutting it.

If you ever decide you need to simplify things, those bent legs on the laser tower are pretty superfluous. They wouldn't be load bearing, they look like they were tossed in by a bored contractor with some spare parts.

Micnax

Back from the dead (again)
aa
Apr 25, 2009
cllN2.jpg

Some more building work

My only suggestion would be if you're going to make a spire, do it proper and use the badlands spire.. or a displacemenet facsimile thereof. I guess if you have a theme in progress it might just be waiting for detailing making my suggestion worthless, but the 10 sided cylinder really isn't cutting it.

If you ever decide you need to simplify things, those bent legs on the laser tower are pretty superfluous. They wouldn't be load bearing, they look like they were tossed in by a bored contractor with some spare parts.

Yeah, it's just kind of a placeholder for now, it'll be something different in later versions. I'm not sure how to support it though, so I just threw that together quickly. Need to figure out a realistic design that is simple and gives people room to actually -get- to the point.

xzzy

aa
Jan 30, 2010
My suggestion, put it in a bottomless pit, make the tower super tall, and if anyone ever suggests exploding the tower on capture, punch 'em in the nose. :O

Ravidge

Grand Vizier
aa
May 14, 2008
My internet has been all kinds of shit ever since christmas, so I made a unexpected comeback to the sourceSDK

Screenshot-2012-12-26_17.52.41.png

Unpleasant things I've done that I didn't remember I had to do, and wanted to forget was a part of mapping:
* Trying to remember where I left off 5 months ago
* Clipping
* Flipping the map (make symmetrical)
- repair all the stretched and rotated overlays
- replace red to blu textures, and then manually tweak
- change skin on all the newly flipped props
- make sure entity logic didn't explode
* Leaks
* Compile for an hour, without HDR.
* Discover missing lights in-game, missing clips, missing overlays, texture seams, dark props.
* Compile for another hour.
* Discover more issues.

You know, the usual.

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
Playing around in Flash making some logos for Turbine2. I've officially given up on nuclear power plants and now RED and BLU are (allegedly) in the business of manufacturing wind turbines and other green-energy solutions.

renewableenergydeployme.png

biolandutilities.png

GPuzzle

L9: Fashionable Member
Feb 27, 2012
Playing around in Flash making some logos for Turbine2. I've officially given up on nuclear power plants and now RED and BLU are (allegedly) in the business of manufacturing wind turbines and other green-energy solutions.

renewableenergydeployme.png

biolandutilities.png

RED and BLU go green!

This could be a kind of catchphrase in a teaser poster for Turbine2.

Waffe

L5: Dapper Member
Dec 2, 2012
Working on an indoors industrial payload map, called pl_bomblab.

Kinda large map, haven't added any textures or decorative models yet.

map1.png

Long corridor at start, BLU spawns left of the pic, RED spawns at end of the corridor (I have to add something to block snipers from facerolling, I know)

map2.png

Ramps between 1st and 2nd CP (You go upward here)

map3.png

2nd CP, there's a long arching area between this CP and 3rd with a bomb testing area in the middle

map4.png

3rd CP. Right after capping CP #3 the bomb goes down a cargo elevator to the last CP

The last CP is going to be at a conveyor belt of RED bombcarts, haven't really started on it yet (This explains why the BLU team is always on the offence in PL :p)

Last edited:

GPuzzle

L9: Fashionable Member
Feb 27, 2012
There already is ctf_bombfactory.
So unless you are The_Ulf, it would be better to change the name of your map.