UEAKCrash's 2016 April Fools' Day Mini-Contest!

Werewolf

Probably not a real Werewolf
aa
Apr 12, 2011
Submitted.....

9oKqJm0.jpg

Last edited:

Vel0city

func_fish
aa
Dec 6, 2014
You can use func_door_rotating, it's just as good, if not better.

If anybody is still missing an idea for an April fools map- make koth_harvest_rotating, where the entire map is parented to a func_door_rotating.
Displacements exist.

*cue sad horn*

RodionJenga

L5: Dapper Member
Oct 24, 2015
koth_harvest_rotating, where the entire map is parented to a func_door_rotating.
Even assuming no displacements (cp_junction_rotating?) I'm curious how a map with no world geometry would preform

EDIT:
More on topic (haha)
Also, that fan prop is pretty nifty. I use it in my map as well. If only tf2 had func_rotating...
Pretty sure if you use that as a prop_dynamic you can set the animation on most fans to spin. In fact, if that's moon_interior_fan01 then I've definately done that. Parenting to func_door_rotating would just spin the whole model.

EDIT 2.0:
Back off topic: I put a few hours into making a rotating map, and everything is jittery and i get stuck in the geometry. Maybe i'm doing something wrong, maybe that's how it is. maybe i shouldn't have the floor rotate, iono.

Last edited:
Jul 6, 2015
Even assuming no displacements (cp_junction_rotating?) I'm curious how a map with no world geometry would preform

EDIT:

More on topic (haha)

Pretty sure if you use that as a prop_dynamic you can set the animation on most fans to spin. In fact, if that's moon_interior_fan01 then I've definately done that. Parenting to func_door_rotating would just spin the whole model.
I think ctf_turbine has no displacements, at least in the playable space were it matters.

Jul 26, 2015
I have only a few finishing touches to put on my map, but I'm still getting a little nervous. School starts again tomorrow... I hope I have enough time over the next three days.

hutty

aa
Mar 30, 2014
For the determined, you could swap out the displacements with an array of triangular brushes.
Or convert them to a prop, but that not nearly as fun.